Build your own VHF Radio Package

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sweet you guys are the shit big thanks to you Guys for taking care of us non radio knowing people haha I'll give him a call Monday and order mine up. And you recommend the speaker mic and the cigaret battery eliminator as well.

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FRF Frequency List

For those who choose to buy from AES and get the "pre-programmed" radio, here is how it will be set up:

1-22.jpg

23-45.jpg

Notes:

1. Jason told me in a PM that he has some "Wally World" radios that are not capable of turning off the PL code... The Wouxun, unlike "Wally World" radios is capable of programming separate PL codes for TX and RX. So what I did was set, at Jason's suggestion, the transmit PL tone for code 1 on most "Wally World" radios. BUT, the RX code is left off. This will allow the Wouxun to communicate on GMRS with any radio with the PL code set to off (or zero), or one.

2. Channels 8-14 are designated "FRS only". The Wouxun is not FRS legal so transmission on these frequencies has been blocked.

3. Obtaining the proper license to transmit on these frequencies is the responsibility of the user! MURS frequencies do not require a license as long as the FCC power limits are observed.

P.S. Thanks for the frequency list go to LVdezertdawg! He looked them all up and sent the list to me.

Last edited:

LVdezertdawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet you guys are the shit big thanks to you Guys for taking care of us non radio knowing people haha I'll give him a call Monday and order mine up. And you recommend the speaker mic and the cigaret battery eliminator as well.

I have them both and especially like the mic!

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sweet that's what I like to hear ill be gettin the same thing thanks again guys you e made this all pretty easy lol

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have them both and especially like the mic!

The Speaker-mic is worth it... Part# WSXPK $15.99

Also, we got the mag mount antenna and adapter from AES for about $60. An external antenna makes a huge difference in range!

But to be honest, you can probably buy a suitable external dual-band mag mount (or other mount) antenna for less at other places... I actually have an antenna that replaces my CB antenna (same mount and coax) that REALLY works well.

You need a dual band antenna that is tuned for 2m and 70cm (146MHz/440MHz) if you do go with an external antenna.... we got the Comet M-24M mag mount... and don't forget the adapter from the SMA-J antenna mount on the radio to the PL259 on the coax!

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So if I get the comet m-24m antenna do I still have to get the adapter or does it come with everything you need for the radio

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

NCG Comet M-24 - $36.95 : The Antenna Farm :: , Your Two Way Radio Source!

This is the same antenna right? And you can also choose what connector you want too that's pretty cool

LVdezertdawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So if I get the comet m-24m antenna do I still have to get the adapter or does it come with everything you need for the radio

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

This is the same antenna right? And you can also choose what connector you want too that's pretty cool

That is the correct antennae, That antennae will change your range dramatically!!![COLOR="Silver"

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score

MUCH better deal!

We got the one with the PL-259 connector and an adapter to the radio...

BUT, I believe SMA-J is the same as "SMA Female" so you could buy that version and skip the adapter! Please check with the vendor first as I'm not an expert on antenna connectors.

(for me, I need the adapter anyway because my "permanent install" CB coax has a PL-259...)

P.S. For a range of a couple miles or more, the stock antenna works fine even when used in the cab

Last edited: