Bugs!!!!! Sonafa!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, it is Mayfly season here in Colorado and since the commute to work is along the I-70 corridor which travels along the Colorado river, the front end of a veh starts to look like bug gut soup in just a couple of miles. And I thought I was spending alot at the carwash before!

Anyway, found this product from Turtle Wax called bug and Tar remover. Seems to work pretty well. Anyone else have any suggestions or comments about alternate or possibly better products for removing bug gut soup?

P.S. Anyone know what the last thing is that goes through a bugs mind when it hits your winshield?:popcorn:

gotls1

Reaction score
You've never really had to deal with bugs until you've had to deal with the aftermath of a Mormon Cricket swarm. We've tried a few of those bug and tar remover products, but really the best solution for bug guts is to get them off ASAP. Some of those little buggers have guts that can etch clearcoat if you leave them too long (ask me how I know. :()

SuperRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Poorboys makes a product called bug squash which works good at getting bugs off paint. I've been told at a 3:1 ratio it doesn't remove wax either. Also Adams polishes just came out with a slick window/windshield sealant that will make it ALOT easier to get them off your windshield.

OP
OP
FSM06

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Poorboys makes a product called bug squash which works good at getting bugs off paint. I've been told at a 3:1 ratio it doesn't remove wax either. Also Adams polishes just came out with a slick window/windshield sealant that will make it ALOT easier to get them off your windshield.

I'll check them out, thanks SuperRaptor!

Raptor1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
actually good ole WD-40 works great to get bugs off. Spray it directly into a terrycloth towel, so you don't overspray the whole vehicle, and rub. then wash the vehicle with car wash soap, don't use dish detergent, it strips the wax off. WD-40 or any other bug remover also removes the wax,so re wax the front after removing bugs,this allows new bugs to come off easier.
Another method I heard about is bug ****!

GTS RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Down here in south louisiana we get love bugs in the billions during september-august, their black and their good for nothing and nothing predates on them.
If you have a white vehicle, for some reason that color really attracts the love bugs to it, when you drive down the road in a heavily infested area your windshield will get covered so much by them you won't be able to see out of it and also they will clog up your radiator.
A vehicle bra with a screen over the radiator intake area keeps them out of the radiator, another thing people do is to put car paste wax thickly on the front of the vehicle and just leave it there which helps to get the bugs off the vehicle when you wash them off at a car wash (high pressure), then reapply more wax after washing. If you let the love bugs stay on the paint too long during the heat the love bug guts have an acidict property about them and it will eat the paint off the vehicle. Usually during the morning when it's coolest and late evening after it's cooled off somewhat is the best time to drive to avoid getting your vehicle pelted to death by the bugs.
The love bugs are attracted to the radiant heat coming off the roads so once it's starts to get hot there's no avoiding them during the heat of the day. Trust me, mayflies got nothing on the love bugs.
If ya don't believe me just come on down to south louisiana during love bug season and you'll see what I'm talking about.:shock2: