Bugs!!!!! Sonafa!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Down here in south louisiana we get love bugs in the billions during september-august, their black and their good for nothing and nothing predates on them.
If you have a white vehicle, for some reason that color really attracts the love bugs to it, when you drive down the road in a heavily infested area your windshield will get covered so much by them you won't be able to see out of it and also they will clog up your radiator.
A vehicle bra with a screen over the radiator intake area keeps them out of the radiator, another thing people do is to put car paste wax thickly on the front of the vehicle and just leave it there which helps to get the bugs off the vehicle when you wash them off at a car wash (high pressure), then reapply more wax after washing. If you let the love bugs stay on the paint too long during the heat the love bug guts have an acidict property about them and it will eat the paint off the vehicle. Usually during the morning when it's coolest and late evening after it's cooled off somewhat is the best time to drive to avoid getting your vehicle pelted to death by the bugs.
The love bugs are attracted to the radiant heat coming off the roads so once it's starts to get hot there's no avoiding them during the heat of the day. Trust me, mayflies got nothing on the love bugs.
If ya don't believe me just come on down to south louisiana during love bug season and you'll see what I'm talking about.:shock2:

I've heard about how bad these Love bugs are from people down in Florida and every bit as you said!

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by FSM06

P.S. Anyone know what the last thing is that goes through a bugs mind when it hits your windshield?:popcorn:
It's arse;)

SPLAT!!!

Bubba: Whew! Leroy... you see that bug that just hit the winder shield?
Leroy: Yep. Bet he ain't got enuf guts to do THAT again.

<GG>

Falcon

DJ BFG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just use warm water and a sponge that has a soft net around it. you can get them at wallmart in the kitchen section. I also have a pressure washer at home that i use as well. I also use this stuff called pink wax that you can check out at: http://www.pinkwax.net/ I swear by this product guys. i have seen it in person, it will take spray paint off your paint job and do no damage to your paint. I found this at the Chicago Car Show in Feb. 2007 and will use nothing else on any of my vehicles. not to include my motorcycle. let me know what you think trust me you will not be dis-satisfied with this product at all.

Reaction score
I've been using a product called Duragloss 901. I live in Florida and the love bugs on my beautiful black Raptor are horriblel. Every evening for the past 2 weeks I have been giving the beast a bath. We only have to deal with these pesky pos during the months of May and September.

ar118022326231363-300x224.jpg

OBXRAPTOR

Reaction score
I have to drive through the Great Dismal Swamp on the border of NC/VA fairly frequently and it is a real mess- for me, the best offense is a good defense- I make sure the vehicle is waxed and then use a quick detailer like MeGuiars and a microfiber towel as soon as possible (within a couple of days) and they come off easily- this avoids the problem of using a bug/tar remover that also removes your wax....

GasGasMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Use BOUNCE dryer sheets.
Wet the area with water, then simply wipe off with the dryer sheet.
You will be impressed.

We save all our used dryer sheets just for bug removal.