GEN 2 Brake issue can become Steering issues...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Loufish

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Could pulling the abs fuse remedy the situation if no sensor on hand?

Not sure as once the system detects a speed sensor fault it shuts down the power to the steering....I guess you have to try and clear the ABS code and THEN try pulling the fuse...
I'll say this, it's worth a try if it happens....

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I tend to agree...

you know though, just because the dealer said it, doesn’t mean it’s true. I wonder if there’s some other way to validate this?

The guy in the video actually pinched the cable, right? Probably shorting the sensor circuit, rather than sending a possible voltage value. The guy admitted it was caused by pinching due to his parts. NOT to make excuses here, but, could this have happened to a stock or more stock truck?

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
So is that the fix then? Splice and reconnecting the wires on the axle then clear the codes? If you clear the codes will steering come back with out repairs to the wires?

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wheel speed sensors are the weak point in the gen2 raptor. I will be taking mine to the dealer again (10th time) for another ******* wheel speed sensor fix [emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Wheel speed sensors are the weak point in the gen2 raptor. I will be taking mine to the dealer again (10th time) for another ******* wheel speed sensor fix [emoji35]

10th time, WTF?

They must be doing something wrong.

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope just driving highways and neighborhoods over the past couple months.

Errors happened about 1 time a month for a few months but this month has been every couple days.

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got my truck back after a week and a half. The dealer claims it was a computer issue and not wheel speed sensors. They didn’t have papers ready when I picked it up but hoping to get the paperwork showing what was done over the next day or two

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got my truck back after a week and a half. The dealer claims it was a computer issue and not wheel speed sensors. They didn’t have papers ready when I picked it up but hoping to get the paperwork showing what was done over the next day or two

Dealer was wrong all the errors came back and now happen ever time I turn the truck on FML