GEN 2 Boost Level while accelerating from a stop in Sport Mode

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For an 801A, you can also buy an MPT tune with the nGauge and mount it using the display gauges option.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have my 'Display' 'My view" set up to show this 'gauge view' all the time while driving: vacuum/boost on left, oil pressure on right.

Have you seen the oil pressure move at all other then when starting?
For years Fords oil pressure gauges display pressure but actually are just reading "pressure" or "no pressure"......the sending unit is simply on or off.....

SRPRACING

Reaction score
The truck should technically throw an Underboost dtc. Very strange. Are we talking gradual acceleration or mashing?

OP
OP
T

Todd Sherman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just saying in general when accelerating pretty hard in Sport mode the Boost Guage is not registering. Seems get up and go pretty good though. I would describe this not as mashing the accelerator though. I need to try that as soon as weather is better and see what I get. And will probably take it in to get looked at by stealership. Appreciate all the comments, not sure yet on how big an issue this is.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have you seen the oil pressure move at all other then when starting?
For years Fords oil pressure gauges display pressure but actually are just reading "pressure" or "no pressure"......the sending unit is simply on or off.....

I notice my oil pressure changes at times when I have the gauge displayed on the center stack. Most of the time it’s 28-30 psi. But it jumps around based on various engine events, etc. After a cold start it’s pretty high and then tapers off rapidly. Makes sense as to get flow moving fast. I heard the pump is something of a variable/active displacement design. So volume/pressure is controlled by computer vs. engine rpm.

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine is the same as above, cold start gets ~60psi which drops to ~30 after 30-40 seconds. Running down the road at low rpm/load its around 30 but shoots up as load or rpm increase.

Woolaroc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to revive an old thread but wondering if OP ever got a resolution. I think I’ve been experiencing the same thing in Sport and Baja modes. Was planning on taking to dealer this week.

Big Smitty

Reaction score
Anyone figure this out? I was just driving and suddenly it felt sluggish. Mashing the peddle and not Near as much response as usual. Turbo gauge only a little past mid point. Had the truck serviced 50 miles ago
Thoughts?

OP
OP
T

Todd Sherman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am the one that started this thread. I came to the conclusion that you really have to mash the throttle and then you get the boost. Still to this day in sport mode, in manual shift mode, the boost doesn't kick in much at all unless I really mash it. But in automatic transmission mode, its different..... apparently the boost has a different mapping in manual shift mode.