Blow Through Subwoofer process has begun

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Bye

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

Animosity? I shared a build that I thought someone here might be interested in seeing, and since the beginning I've received animosity (you might want to look up the word), insults, misinformation, and quite frankly am tired of it. I'm removing all pictures and information now. If anyone wants to see the rest of the build they can pm me. Thanks to those who have been supportive with information and ideas. Also, I'm fine if someone doesn't like what I'm doing as I respect you're right to an opinion, but personal attacks are just BS.

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

ROFL LOLOL

Really have nothing to say to you *****. Obviously someone here is looking at underage girls you f'ing molester. Those of us who have been married over 12yrs are just having a little fun with our time and money.
Tommy tough guy here

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Animosity? I shared a build that I thought someone here might be interested in seeing, and since the beginning I've received animosity (you might want to look up the word), insults, misinformation, and quite frankly am tired of it. I'm removing all pictures and information now. If anyone wants to see the rest of the build they can pm me. Thanks to those who have been supportive with information and ideas. Also, I'm fine if someone doesn't like what I'm doing as I respect you're right to an opinion, but personal attacks are just BS.

I'm not sure what "personal attacks" you are referring to.

You're spending thousands of dollars on a $55,000 truck so you can have a sound system that the majority of people will hate (you already said your neighbor could hear it) and YOU MUST KNOW THAT.

Your sound machine build will gets you LOTS OF ATTENTION but you want that and that's OK.

I never understand it when people post pics/mods/changes/upgrades, etc. on forums and then get all pissy when someone doesn't like it. It's the internet. If you want to avoid any criticism or comments don't post it or, better yet, go back to that fantasy land you must live in where everyone loves to have their ears bleed as you drive by.

I feel sorry for your neighbors.

PS: I love your, "PM me if you want to see what I'm doing". You got sand in your ****** so now you're taking your sideshow private to PM land. I hope you get some more positive reviews of your mod. Otherwise you'll have to cut the PM'ers off.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude calm the hell down. MMD actually said he's glad your doing it so we can all see. Yeah almost none if us would do this to our vehicle, but it doesn't mean some of us don't appreciate the work going in to it.

OP
OP
S

St1cky

Reaction score
I'm not sure what "personal attacks" you are referring to.

You're spending thousands of dollars on a $55,000 truck so you can have a sound system that the majority of people will hate (you already said your neighbor could hear it) and YOU MUST KNOW THAT.

Your sound machine build will gets you LOTS OF ATTENTION but you want that and that's OK.

I never understand it when people post pics/mods/changes/upgrades, etc. on forums and then get all pissy when someone doesn't like it. It's the internet. If you want to avoid any criticism or comments don't post it or, better yet, go back to that fantasy land you must live in where everyone loves to have their ears bleed as you drive by.

I feel sorry for your neighbors.

PS: I love your, "PM me if you want to see what I'm doing". You got sand in your ****** so now you're taking your sideshow private to PM land. I hope you get some more positive reviews of your mod. Otherwise you'll have to cut the PM'ers off.

Wow, so you just basically proved what I said about personal attacks so I won't rehash every line of BS you just wasted your time typing about me. :beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5:

You're right though, it's the internet, so every a-hole with an opinion such as yourself will chime in as have many other members here. My motto is, if it's not my thing then I'm not going to bash someone else for doing it, it's their truck so it's their business. I'm not going to put a lift on my truck so do I necessarily need to go to the lift thread and bash some guy because it's not my thing? I take constructive criticism fine, personal attacks not so well.

The only attention I care about is that of my two boys who are enjoying this build with me. Enough said.

Also, as if it even matters, the neighbor could care less, they don't need or want your pity. There have also been many inquiries by other raptor owners for a similar build, including one of my neighbors. So maybe I'm not the only audiophile with a raptor after all.

Lastly, this was originally posted with the intention of sharing a particular build process, and turned into defending the entire project because (re-read internet message above). It's a freaking truck and big speakers, BIG DEAL! I've had the pleasure of owning many different trucks for many different purposes and this truck is the first time I've ever done anything like this to but we only live once right? I'm certainly not putting this system in my work truck so those who have a problem with it can get over it.

Oh and BTW, FU for your comment

:beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5:

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

Dude calm the hell down. MMD actually said he's glad your doing it so we can all see. Yeah almost none if us would do this to our vehicle, but it doesn't mean some of us don't appreciate the work going in to it.

I'm fine without comments like the above. But I obviously put this in the wrong forum. Didn't want to put it in the pimps wit rims forum because then I'd probably be robbed. hehe I'll keep my sense of humor after this is done but I'm not the one who needs to chill out on this build. I know the risks and I accept the responsibility, but when I die, I'm gonna say that I did some crazy shit one way or the other.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude, I want to see what you are doing, **** anyone that dont like what you are doing to your truck its your truck you do what the **** you want to it!!!

Banned
Reaction score
just ignore MMD. hes the biggest ******* ******* on this site. and really, the only one. there will be people who dont like what you're doing with your truck (me included, no offense) but hes about the only one that will be the biggest ****** about it, and never let it go. if you stick around this forum, which you should, he will still bring it up and think hes the toughest guy around for months to come.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I wanna see pictures of this thing even though audio stuff is the last thing I care about when it comes to cars and trucks.

OP
OP
S

St1cky

Reaction score
I appreciate you guys and your comments. I do take stuff a little personal sometimes and I know that to many its an offense to do something like this to a 55k truck. I apologize to those that I've attacked even in self defense but I do have a temper sometimes.

Perhaps because nobody really knew me when I arrived at this forum and my first post was about chopping up a very very nice truck that everyone here beholds as their centerpiece in their offroad lives. Believe me I had serious reservations about it. A few things about me though, audio has been a huge part of my life. It's the single hobby that never got old since my first system in my first truck. I've always had the nicest speakers in my trucks, or at least what I could afford, whether it be my truck, home theater, throughout the house, hell I've got a $500 pair of ear buds! But its my thing. I love good quality audio. I know that this systems subs will be at like 5-10% most of the time to balance with the doors, but this very well may be my last build so why not go out with a bang. Does it make sense now that it just so happens I'm an industrial acoustical consultant for my day job? So there ya have it, that's just me.

Now the other side of me is the east-texas mud loving guy who's been on every trail and in every mud hole this side of texas whether it be on 4-wheeler or by truck and I'm telling you that the raptor is not an off-road capable truck when it comes to the type of off-roading that we do here. That's not saying its not off-road capable, just not every type of off-road situation. I liken it to my choice of motorcycle. Take all the new enduro bikes for example, they're suppose to be pavement and off-road capable, but then they throw a fancy BMW badge and some dirt tires and all of a sudden a 18k bike that weighs 600lbs is suppose to do what my yamy 450 will do! BS BS BS! Hummer H2's were no different. Yeah they're fine for mild off-road but they're not real hummers right?

Does it help that I absolutely hate street rims on off-road trucks? I'm NOT lowering or putting some BS thin tire on my raptor. It's every bit off-road as it was before the audio build. Maybe a little heavier, but still the same truck.

anyways, it's dinner time and then back to my folks house to help finish cleaning up after the tornado they had hit them three days ago

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What part of Texas you in? Btw, you really should try some high speed offroading, it's addicting. There's a Texas run coming up around September or October.