Big news for Whipple guys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone know the weak link on the 6.2 and what is the power we can see before rods, trans, drive shaft etc start giving way?

My truck pulled 560 RWHP on a brand new set of Toyo MTs on beadlock wheels. My dyno guy estimated I could have pulled as much as 590 on the stock wheels and tires so I'd guess I'm right up close to the 750 FWHP mark. I have maybe 8k miles on mine since the build and the engine seems rock solid. Oil pressure is fantastic. Doesn't burn any oil (I have catch cans, though) and doesn't make any funny noises. Was advised the tranny didn't need to be built by my engine guy who has done a bunch of these.

So I don't know. I'm really not worried about mine, though. I'm probably going to switch to a lighter set of tires soon. And I'll definitely be getting this upgrade before year end. I'm hoping to get up past 600 at the rear wheels.

biturbomg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much boost are you seeing to pull the 560whp. Any idea how much hp/boost the long tubes and bigger to added? Are you able to go to smaller pulley for more boost?

Your truck is pulling about 80whp more than my truck. I ran mine on the dyno with big heavy tires and factory beadlock as well but have stock Roush TB and factory headers etc. even at 560whp I would be pretty happy for 91 pump.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How much boost are you seeing to pull the 560whp. Any idea how much hp/boost the long tubes and bigger to added? Are you able to go to smaller pulley for more boost?

Your truck is pulling about 80whp more than my truck. I ran mine on the dyno with big heavy tires and factory beadlock as well but have stock Roush TB and factory headers etc. even at 560whp I would be pretty happy for 91 pump.

What do you mean Roush Throttle Body? I'm not familiar with your build. (OK I looked you up)
You have a Roush, I'm sorry to tell you but you will not see these kinds of HP numbers.

I'm doing 560 rwhp with full stock exhaust, 3.250 pulley and 60 lbs. injectors and Whipple's 68mm Twin TB, all with Whipple's Tune.
The PCM says I'm doing around 10 1/2 psi. boost. Don't know what the Gen3 upgrade will do but I post it when it's done.
That would drop if I go with headers and a true dual exhaust, plus I would pick up more torque.

Last edited:

biturbomg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you mean Roush Throttle Body? I'm not familiar with your build. (OK I looked you up)
You have a Roush, I'm sorry to tell you but you will not see these kinds of HP numbers.

I'm doing 560 rwhp with full stock exhaust, 3.250 pulley and 60 lbs. injectors and Whipple's 68mm Twin TB, all with Whipple's Tune.
The PCM says I'm doing around 10 1/2 psi. boost. Don't know what the Gen3 upgrade will do but I post it when it's done.
That would drop if I go with headers and a true dual exhaust, plus I would pick up more torque.

Stock Roush is just a twin 60mm gt500 TB. I was looking to add the CJ twin 67tb and see what that did. I know my last cars that ran the 2.3 tvs making 15-18# were running 650whp-720whp on 91 pump gas so think the 2.3 can make power power just need more boost. Also 5500ft above sea level doesn't help but we have a few tricks we are working on. Once all the tricks are done if I need to add long tubes will try those as well.

Keep me posted on your build please.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cars and trucks are two different animals,
Tire size is what is giving cars a higher Hp number.
Add drivetrain loss which is high for the Raptor around 28%
I believe the highest number for the Roush sitting on a Raptor was 520 rwhp. with stock tires.
I haven't heard anyone going bigger than the CJ 65mm Twin TB on a Roush, sitting on a Raptor.
You would be the first especially if stay with 47 lbs. injectors. And If you don't Tune for the mods you will not see any gains.
Keep in mind the 6.2L is not a high hp output engine, it's a high torque designed to put torgue throughout the whole power band.

Last edited:

Camperguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cars and trucks are two different animals,
Tire size is what is giving cars a higher Hp number.
Add drivetrain loss which is high for the Raptor around 28%
I believe the highest number for the Roush sitting on a Raptor was 520 rwhp. with stock tires.
I haven't heard anyone going bigger than the CJ 65mm Twin TB on a Roush, sitting on a Raptor.
You would be the first especially if stay with 47 lbs. injectors.
Keep in mind the 6.2L is not a high hp output engine, it's a high torque designed to put torgue through out the whole power band.

Im curious if they changed the cams to something with less overlap if you could increase rwhp numbers. To be perfectly honest I really havent read alot about the adjustable timing of the factory cams. Im also wondering if you guys are putting in ARP head studs when you add the supercharges even though the boost levels are so low?

Bill

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Livernois is the only ones that made a cam for the 6.2L, it does give a bit more HP, 85 hp on a stock engine.
Even more if you do the heads and cam combo.
To fully get the potential of the cams you would have to go all out on 6.6L stocker from Livernois.
With the Whipple they are getting well over 650 rwhp. I can't find proof but I believe they did get 700+ rwhp
Tunes for the Livernois cams will be hard to come by, I haven't heard anywhere that Tuners where able to tune them, Other then Livernois
I know that they are willing to help Tuners but haven't heard any back from the few that went that route.

And to your question about head studs, so far there hasn't been a need to change them.
10 to 11 psi. boost is safe for the stock engine as is, except the oil pump gears.

Some YouTube Vids:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMOFlmb7dcI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz502Budu1s

Last edited:

oplersx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much of a trouble/cost to swap oil pump? Saw livernois has new pump with upgarded gears.

Should have done it at the first place. But maybe this is another excuse upgrading to gen 3:biggrin: IF one have to remove the SC blower to excess oil pump.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter