Big news for Whipple guys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@metronyc I’m subbed to this. It’s definitely my desire to add a blower at some point after I finish with the suspension. Will subsequent Whipple kits simply default to the gen 3 components or will the gen 3 still be an additional upgrade option when purchasing the full kit? Thanks for being the first to take the plunge! Love that the 6.2L is still getting a little aftermarket love.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No need to remove the Supercharger to swap out the oil pump gear set.
But it's a good 5 to 6 hour job for a Ford tech to do and around $1000 for Labor, gaskets and Tax. Minus the gears set.
Depending how many miles you have on the truck you may want to consider the new pump housing with the gear set.

Last edited:

oplersx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No need to remove the Supercharger to swap out the oil pump gear set.
But it's a good 5 to 6 hour job for a Ford tech to do and around $1000 for Labor, gaskets and Tax. Minus the gears set.
Depending how many miles you have on the truck you may want to consider the new pump housing with the gear set.

Thanks. I should get it done. Any difference between TSS and Livernois?

metronyc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no difference, the Livernois made by TSS.

Attachments

• OILGEARS.jpg
    OILGEARS.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

biturbomg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best price to get this pump setup? Any vendors have the CJ 65tb, these upgraded pumps, SW long tubes and a better, stronger lighter drive shaft and the 2013 true bead lock rings for a one stop shop for all the goodies from one vendor place?

OP
OP
T

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How much boost are you seeing to pull the 560whp. Any idea how much hp/boost the long tubes and bigger to added? Are you able to go to smaller pulley for more boost?

Your truck is pulling about 80whp more than my truck. I ran mine on the dyno with big heavy tires and factory beadlock as well but have stock Roush TB and factory headers etc. even at 560whp I would be pretty happy for 91 pump.

I'll be honest I find it pretty hard to check my boost gauge at WOT. I THINK it's typically pretty close to 10 psi at WOT at the mid range. I don't know if it creeps up past that at higher RPMs.

I did just do a pull out on the open road out East this weekend and wanted to check my air/fuel ratio. The CPU seems to target 12.2 but I saw it get as low as 11.8. I think this is somewhat conservative and consistent with what my tuner told me he was targeting.

I am currently running a 3.125" pulley. There are Whipple pulleys down through 2.75". I am not inclined to go any smaller than my current pulley, as there doesn't seem to be a need to do so (and certainly not on a stock bottom end). MTF's truck made 560 at the rear wheels with full stock exhaust and a 3.25" pulley on stock tires.

I feel like this Gen 3 rotor kit making the same amount of boost more efficiently with my setup is going to make a lot of power.

I would definitely think that headers and a TB would get you at LEAST 50 more horsepower. Although drive-ability with my mono blade was recently improved DRASTICALLY by a new tune from my tuner, I still don't recommend it. In your case it seems like the Ford twin 65 is a good fit.

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

The PCM says I'm doing around 10 1/2 psi. boost. Don't know what the Gen3 upgrade will do but I post it when it's done.

Just saw this. I think this confirms my ~ 10 psi guesstimate, as it makes sense that we would be making roughly the same amount of boost even though I am a pulley size down, given the larger TB and headers on my truck.

And, if I remember correctly, that was your theory when my truck went in for the build. Good stuff.

Last edited:

ROCKETW19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I'm in for this $4k adventure.

Yikes 4K for 30HP your giving me flash back of AMG HP prices. I just emailed with JDM its only $300 upgrade if buying new. that's a no brainer lower temps is worth the $300 and 30 extra HP is a bonus.
I was just checking in here before I ordered the Roush phase 2 and seen this now I have to go Whipple for sure. thank god I checked in here and thanks OP for posting this or I would of made a huge mistake with the Roush.