BIG BROTHER IS FILMING YOU INSIDE THE GEN 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Troubleman

Reaction score
Let's flip the script a bit.

Would it be possible for me to hack into my truck cams and broadcast myself driving around town? Could the driving motions of a middle aged, slightly athletic, yet unconventionally handsome man be monetized somehow? :)

Beyond that, if we all did this and started a channel, would anyone give a s h i t after the first few minutes?

I think this is our play.
Ii Think you might be on to something, Only Raptor Fans!

Idaho Savage

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just find this humorous because it's ubiquitous and completely unavoidable in this day and age. So to point out a camera in our truck is like yelling fire inside a volcano. Reminds me of my mom (she's 80) warning me about the marijuana in San Francisco.

Let me put it this way: My wife is a retired c-suite exec, most recently from a public digital security firm that covers everything from MLB to major banks to governent agencies. We'd hear about those major breaches and attacks weeks before they hit the news cycle, sometimes months. Yet she still uses a yahoo personal email address and laughs at people using VPNs. You know why? If they want it, they got it. "They" being anyone from savy cyber criminals to government agencies. Privacy in 2022 is basically an illusion to just about anyone living on the grid. The amount of data collation occuring these days paints a picture that surpasses a video or picture by a country mile.

Putting electrical tape over a camera in your truck isn't a fart in the wind when it comes to your privacy, video or otherwise. We are decades past that point. But by all means, best of luck with the tape. If it makes you feel better or enjoy your Raptor more, have at it!

dsiggi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just find this humorous because it's ubiquitous and completely unavoidable in this day and age. So to point out a camera in our truck is like yelling fire inside a volcano. Reminds me of my mom (she's 80) warning me about the marijuana in San Francisco.

Let me put it this way: My wife is a retired c-suite exec, most recently from a public digital security firm that covers everything from MLB to major banks to governent agencies. We'd hear about those major breaches and attacks weeks before they hit the news cycle, sometimes months. Yet she still uses a yahoo personal email address and laughs at people using VPNs. You know why? If they want it, they got it. "They" being anyone from savy cyber criminals to government agencies. Privacy in 2022 is basically an illusion to just about anyone living on the grid. The amount of data collation occuring these days paints a picture that surpasses a video or picture by a country mile.

Putting electrical tape over a camera in your truck isn't a fart in the wind when it comes to your privacy, video or otherwise. We are decades past that point. But by all means, best of luck with the tape. If it makes you feel better or enjoy your Raptor more, have at it!
I mean, companies give their employees slide - blocks, or guess you could use tape for webcams in Laptops... same thing.... Physical deterent for the win. Hack it all you want, you cant get through the physical.

Afrankart

Reaction score
I would be shocked to find that they're still installing this hardware since BC is no longer an option

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I'm usually the person saying this, but the fact of the matter is I don't want to be recorded unless I choose to be. So buying a Raptor that videos me all time - let alone any other vehicle - is out of the question.

The alphabet agencies can make up whatever data they want to paint you into a corner if they so desire (true or not), but that does not invalidate the desire to not be filmed while in your own vehicle. They can fabricate video footage, sure, but that's a lot different than having actual recorded video footage.

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Your post is full of mostly inaccuracies.

Bulldog15

Reaction score
I agree with Idaho! Your "smart tv" can be used for other purposes.. Your on a camera 99% of the time everywhere!!