BFG KM3 or Toyo RT?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i favor the KM3, i ran the 39s on my last truck and loved the ride quality, esp for a 39. I am a BFG groupie so will seemingly always learn toward them for this type of truck.

just to be that that, big ugly high offset, fboy, rams and f250s run toyos and for that reason alone i would not run them haha

yes i know toyo race tires are highly used in score racing.... but i stand by my opinion bahahah

Tlox

Reaction score
I installed add-a-leafs from peak suspension as a placeholder until I make the transition to Deavers/bump stops. I did not like how nose high my truck sat after Eibach’s, so I went with a cheaper alternative temporarily before going all in on deavers/bump stops. I could have fit 37s in the rear without the AAL.

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I installed add-a-leafs from peak suspension as a placeholder until I make the transition to Deavers/bump stops. I did not like how nose high my truck sat after Eibach’s, so I went with a cheaper alternative temporarily before going all in on deavers/bump stops. I could have fit 37s in the rear without the AAL.
Have a link to which leafs you used and any pics of what it looks like with the leafs/eibachs? How is the ride with the leafs, did it do anything to curb wheel hop by chance?

Tlox

Reaction score
Have a link to which leafs you used and any pics of what it looks like with the leafs/eibachs? How is the ride with the leafs, did it do anything to curb wheel hop by chance?
Check out the thread below which has all the info you’ll need on AAL!

GITRDONE

Reaction score
Went from 35” Toyo MT’s to 37” KM3 and couldn’t be happier with on road performance and the look. Have yet to take them off-road, but I’m certain I wouldn’t be disappointed!View attachment 169062
How’s the road noise, have 37” RT’s and love them but thinking of trying the KM3 this go around. I’m in Texas and wondering hows the traction in rain.

Tlox

Reaction score
Easily the quietest MT I’ve owned (Toyo, Cooper, Mickey Thompson), however there is still a hum at cruising speeds with the windows down. Barely noticeable inside the cab with the windows up and the radio on though.

These handle great on road in the rain, however I typically keep it in 4A in the rain because there is some slippage while accelerating from a complete stop.

With that being said, I would absolutely recommend these if you were on the fence about making the switch to MT’s!

CMSearle2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I only have 12K on my original tires but I've been compiling a short list of what to replace them with. There's only one mud tire on my list load range C General X3 35x12.5x17. I don't know much about them, but the load range C only weigh 65 lbs. Most MT's weigh 10-12 lbs more. I don't want load range E so that eliminated some of my favorite tires from my short list.
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=General&tireModel=Grabber+X3&sidewall=Solid Red Letters&partnum=525QR7GRX3RLV2&tab=Specs
Have you done any more digging on these? I have 41k on my stock KO2s and will need new shoes before winter. Midwest here. Saw those C load General X3s and was also shocked at how light they are.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have you done any more digging on these? I have 41k on my stock KO2s and will need new shoes before winter. Midwest here. Saw those C load General X3s and was also shocked at how light they are.
No I haven't... mostly because the KO2s on my 2020 are wearing much better than the KO2s did on my 2017 so I haven't needed tires as soon as I thought I would.
I did find someone who is running them. It's a friend of a friend who I don't know. I am hoping to talk to him sometime to see how he likes them.

CMSearle2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No I haven't... mostly because the KO2s on my 2020 are wearing much better than the KO2s did on my 2017 so I haven't needed tires as soon as I thought I would.
I did find someone who is running them. It's a friend of a friend who I don't know. I am hoping to talk to him sometime to see how he likes them.
Gotcha. Definitely update if you do. Very interested. My KO2s have worn great also and I can probably stretch them to 50k but I’m always looking for different tires and a new look.

I ran KOs, Nitto Trail Grapplers and Toyo OC MTs on my Gen 1 and then Duratracs and Toyo ATIIs on a Silverado before this 2018 Gen 2.

I really want to stay in the same load range and as close to stock weight as possible. There are some lighter D loads I’ve found - Mickey Thompson Baja MTZs are only 65lbs and Mastercraft MXTs are 62lbs but nothing else in a C besides the Toyo MTs (76lbs), Toyo RTs (68lbs) and Goodyear MT/R w/ Kevlar (64lbs).

Loved those Toyo MTs but they are way too heavy and heard mixed reviews on the Goodyear MT/R’s for on road.

ShawnJ

Reaction score
Well this has been an awesome thread lol I’m in the same boat… 43k miles on my stock tires and time for something else! Keep going back and forth on jumping to 37s… getting mixed opinions