BFG KM3 or Toyo RT?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M_NorthRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be looking at tires soon. Wanting to know what people are thinking of the toyo rt for mud, rocks, road, sand etc. I live in the pnw and get all types of terrain.
I had BFG KM3 on my previous Raptor and really liked them for all conditions listed but the Toyo RT keeps catching my attention but am not sure about their side wall traction and just general offroading use.
Would like to hear what people thought about them and how long tread life was.
I thought about the Toyo MT but there 35x12.50 is really wide for a 12.50.

All info is appreciated and looking forward to each person's thoughts are

D

Deleted member 17706

Never owned the Toyo RT, but knew people that did when I lived in Texas. The common complaint from other Raptor owners was that they sucked in the rain. So I wouldn’t buy them if I was you given that you live in the PNW—I use to live in Idaho, so I am familiar with the terrain and weather.

I would take a look at the Yokohama Geolander MT. I have talked to a couple people that have ran those and the KM3s and the consensus has been the Geolanders are better. The KM3s are great but they do get loud like the KO2s as they get miles on them.

AFPhysO

Reaction score
My KM3s have done well, no complaints here. Looks and performance in the same package. As far as them getting noisy over time, I have about 15K on mine and they sound like a 35” off-road tire on pavement. Some ambient noise is just the cost of doing business with a Raptor. If someone wants a quiet ride, maybe get a sedan.

OP
OP
M_NorthRaptor

M_NorthRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha thats funny you mentioned the geolanders, basically after my original post I seen them and have been reading nothing but good things from them.
I'm going to chat with my neighbor since he deals with them at his tire store.
Are you running 35x12.50r17?
@CenCstRptr

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I only have 12K on my original tires but I've been compiling a short list of what to replace them with. There's only one mud tire on my list load range C General X3 35x12.5x17. I don't know much about them, but the load range C only weigh 65 lbs. Most MT's weigh 10-12 lbs more. I don't want load range E so that eliminated some of my favorite tires from my short list.
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire... Red Letters&partnum=525QR7GRX3RLV2&tab=Specs

CenCstRptr

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, I am running 35x12.5x17.
My tire store did not know about them either- had been selling KM3s and mostly Toyos.
Since ordering a set for my truck, one of the other guys working there has now started running them.

RaptorFun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m intrigued by the Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ P3 hybrid tire...load range D. Is anyone running these? If so...can you share any comments on them...either good or bad?

MidLifeRaptor

Reaction score
Recent purchase of Toyo RT (OEM size) / C rated here, I put mine on 17x9 Enkei RPT1 wheels but they are OEM size. So far great tires, no increase in road noise (yet). I’ve had Duratracs, KO2s, Mickey Baja ATZ P3 and these Toyo RTs are equivalent to the KO2 noise level in my opinion - my Baja ATZP3 and Duratracs were on Toyota’s, but they were louder, YMMV.ECF21613-6186-4D7D-AAB4-799B1C100CF9.jpeg C5195901-31AC-4146-98F1-C035A90D7DF6.jpeg F30AF78A-D4A0-418E-9CC5-6928D8A90B37.jpeg