BFG KM2s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Banned
Reaction score
Well they will be louder for sure, but from reviews I've read they're actually pretty good on road for a mud tire.

imaprick

Reaction score
My experiences with A/Ts vs KM2s.

They are louder than the A/Ts but not like Super Swamper loud though. Handling is much the same even with running at 37psi vs 44psi in the A/Ts maybe a bit more roll but not bad to be pushed hard on or off road. They don't throw as much little dirt and gravel up to sand-blast paint off like the A/Ts but when they do throw, they throw ROCKS, and they chuck mud like a mud tire. I got about 17143 miles out of of my A/Ts, tire spinning and sliding running the truck like a rally car. The KM2s now have about 12746 miles and have 12/32" remaining, originally 17/32". The KM2s do not seem to have a tendency to chunk out as much as the A/Ts, my primary roads are volcanic cinders that chew tire tread to shreds. About the only negative thing is that they rumble and vibrate the truck at very slow speeds (1-5mph) on pavement, takes a while to get used to. Light fluffy deep snow 20", much better than A/Ts, I broke open a 11 mile stretch with no traction problems did overheat the truck from blocked radiator. Heavy wet snow 10", dug through but was squirrely, I never would have even tried with the A/Ts. Not a nearly as good on ice and packed snow as the A/Ts but tolerable, just slow down more. Haven't used either in deep gooie mud, but light mud is far far far better than the A/Ts.

Ratings from me (in stars) on my raptor for my use and opinion.

Pavement ride *****
Pavement handling *****
Dirt road handling *****
Light mud *****
Deep snow ****
Ice **
Tread wear *****

These are my ratings and opinions, yours will vary, but I hope it answers some of your questions.

Prybar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Planning to get KM2's for mine before the winter. They work great on the snow and Ice stock but siped is the key to happiness! They run as well as the AT's do but with more traction everywhere else. Also, they wear better siped. I'm guessing because they keep cooler on the Hwy. maybe?

Banned
Reaction score
Haha that's the first thing im doing to mine when I get em. Siping the crap outta them.

If anyone plans on siping tires, just remember, inside lugs only. If you do the outside ones they will most likely chunk up and wear out. Been my experience anyways.

rubberdust

Reaction score
ya sweet bronco,
I still haven't gotten around to getting the KM2 on the Raptor but have been torturing the sets I've run on my 92 prerunner Bronco, seroiusly tougher than I expected as I used to run baja's on it but the traction is everything I was looking for. They are pretty sketchy on ice or packed snow, they do fine in the deep snow though.

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

How are they for the desert and dry dirt trails?
that's where I run them the most on my Bronco prerunner, I used to run the Baja's but besides being tough they were a bit too loose at speed on graded gravel roads, the KM2 have a bunch better traction & keeps the back end behind me in high speed sweepers, been most surprised by how well they worked in the sand, not a great sand vehicle to begin with but it does get me through the sand & silt beds so much better without letting ALL the air out.

Banned
Reaction score
I'm picking mine up Wednesday! Gonna get em siped so they're better on ice and wet