Best setting for soft sand

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CitrusSqueeze

Reaction score
Wow you guys are NUTS running that low of PSI!
Watched this happen at 15psi I think.
IMG_1749.jpg
I wont go below 30 just because you loose the ability to fully engage ORM. And I can kick it sideways without having to worry.

I live next to the Imperial Sand Dunes (smack in the middle of the Arizona desert) and in any vehicle I've taken there ~17 psi is just fine for getting around, especially if you keep moving and don't stop in any bowls or uphill slopes. The dunes are so massive here that you learn which areas you just don't go to unless it's an ATV/sand rail/UTV, etc, unless your Raptor has paddle tires.

If the sand is really soft (like during the 115 degree summers) I may go down to 15 psi, but I try not to go lower unless I'm sensing I'm in danger of getting stuck.

MotoDuc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AIR DOWN! Everyone that is been in very dry sand knows this. This happened at Pismo during August very dry sand, I had aired down to 25 psi thinking I'm good because I wasn't there to play with the Raptor we were there with quads and bikes.

Sunk it to the frame at 25psi had to air down to 10psi in the front and 8psi in the rear and she popped out with hardly any throttle.
1273-442C-A409-D4DD0B4DADD0-14300-000018ACE698DFD1.jpg

2010 RAPTOR SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
10-12 psi

Silver Lake Sand dunes Michigan - they post it 18 PSI or less required. So, many think they can get away without letting air out. They end up getting stuck. Been running 10-12 psi for years.

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score
12psi rear, 14 front, locked, ORM. That's how I run it in the pismo dunes. Most of the time 2wd.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc