Best light for the money

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@AndysLog I think you're missing the point, as others have pointed out. The LED chip is likely the same. The OPTICS are what makes the Baja Designs lights do what they need to do, with LESS LUMENS than almost all of the direct competition, let alone an Amazon light bar. It's been proven time and time again, with a lux meter, that Baja Designs lights have the highest output at distance.

I've had cheap Amazon bars before, and they served a purpose, behind the grille. I also had 2 Amazon bars on the front of my truck. Once you change over to a Baja Designs light, it's like getting glasses for the first time and realizing you've been missing out this whole time.

no im not missing any point. ive seen these high dollar lights, although i have never ran them offroad because im not a CUCK.

thats fine the housing design is different (although very similar), i never said it was or wasnt better. i never said they arent better quality either. i think you are missing my point.
smurf said it a bit better than i did.

the OP asked for the best light per DOLLAR, not the most expensive light you can buy. i believe you have all missed the OP point.

im actually at this point willing to bet that the amazon lights are far superior just because of how cheap they are, and all this info is making the dudes feel salty over their 1000$ lights while i have extra money to take ya girl out.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You do not need to be so angry.... I have a spot/flood Rigid 40 inch E series that has a PRECISE Flood/spot light pattern even with a camera shot. Over 1200 feet of FOCUSED light for spot and even pattern for flood on both sides. I also got a 20 inch Rigid brand new Pro series driving light that puts out over 40k lumins that I got from Freedom Motorsport (Rick) and yes it was retail price of $950 for less....That light is ridiculous by itself.

Listen if you have a budget and it buys a $70 light bar that lights up and puts out some sort of light its fine. But there is no need to bash Rigid or Baja, or us owners that r lucky to afford these lights. These companies are not cheap but the quality and light output has been developed to such precision that just hard to compare to a knock off.

I wear a Rolex watch that I bought brand new from an authorized Rolex watch dealer. I could have bought a knock off for a fraction of a cost too.....

Darick

Reaction score
Again, best light per dollar is a relative term. When you spend $70k on a new truck, spending the money for quality lights and output should follow.

It's too bad you've never experienced Baja Designs lights off-road, like us cucks have. They're unreal.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You do not need to be so angry.... I have a spot/flood Rigid 40 inch E series that has a PRECISE Flood/spot light pattern even with a camera shot. Over 1200 feet of FOCUSED light for spot and even pattern for flood on both sides. I also got a 20 inch Rigid brand new Pro series driving light that puts out over 40k lumins that I got from Freedom Motorsport (Rick) and yes it was retail price of $950 for less....That light is ridiculous by itself.

Listen if you have a budget and it buys a $70 light bar that lights up and puts out some sort of light its fine. But there is no need to bash Rigid or Baja, or us owners that r lucky to afford these lights. These companies are not cheap but the quality and light output has been developed to such precision that just hard to compare to a knock off.

I wear a Rolex watch that I bought brand new from an authorized Rolex watch dealer. I could have bought a knock off for a fraction of a cost too.....

im just talking lol, these arent angry fingers. they would be angry fingers if i would have spent 950$ on led lights lololololol.

dude again i never said that they arent better quality. where did i ever say that? no ******* where. i never said they didnt directionalize better either. you guys are like broken records trying to prove these somehow illuminate 95% better than a 70$ light which they dont. im sorry but the light is not that much better. i think they have a lot of neat benefits that make them better in certain ways either through the replaceable design or constant offroad testing and tweaking. but its the same LED i have in my housing.

i feel like the comparison is easy. ill send you the cheap version of what you have since im a cheap ass and refuse to spend so much money. you run both and post up your experience.

nice rolex, my phone has the time on it so like i dont really need it. but if you think you needed to spend the money more power to youuuuuuu.

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

Again, best light per dollar is a relative term. When you spend $70k on a new truck, spending the money for quality lights and output should follow.

It's too bad you've never experienced Baja Designs lights off-road, like us cucks have. They're unreal.

no, they are just lights breh. the unreal part is the price.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They're all just lights. We all expect them to work at a certain level, price is relative.

right, the price is relative to the size of your bank account not the quality of the light itself since we are all aware i have the same LEDs in my cheap lights as you do in your 1000$ lights.

again im not trying to bash BD lights or rigid or anyone who makes special housings from the same LEDs we all get from china. im simply saying there are alternatives that work as good as them for a fraction of the cost.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
right, the price is relative to the size of your bank account not the quality of the light itself since we are all aware i have the same LEDs in my cheap lights as you do in your 1000$ lights.

again im not trying to bash BD lights or rigid or anyone who makes special housings from the same LEDs we all get from china. im simply saying there are alternatives that work as good as them for a fraction of the cost.[/QUOTE]

Ok its like comparing a good old steak to hotdog for dinner. lol

and I am out. :crazy:

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score

again im not trying to bash BD lights or rigid or anyone who makes special housings from the same LEDs we all get from china. im simply saying there are alternatives that work as good as them for a fraction of the cost.[/QUOTE]

Ok its like comparing a good old steak to hotdog for dinner. lol

and I am out. :crazy:

no, its like comparing a single cow, raised, slaughtered, trimmed, prepared, and cooked the same. but served to you on a much more expensive plate with fancy knife and fork.

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This has been covered so many times before it's silly. Even @jake's lights make light. Put them next to each other on day 1 and again 3 years down the road and the difference will become clear as daylight. Nothing in this world escapes the constantly proven fact that you get what you pay for. Nothing

Darick

Reaction score
no, its like comparing a single cow, raised, slaughtered, trimmed, prepared, and cooked the same. but served to you on a much more expensive plate with fancy knife and fork.

Baja Designs = A5 Wagyu

Amazon Lights = Texas Roadhouse Sirloin