Best light for the money

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darick

Reaction score
I guess if I bought a Raptor a few months ago with 119K miles on it, I wouldn't put expensive lights on it either. @RWE is in a different position than you are though.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i dont have any light bars on the raptor, its not worthy of lightbars because it has been driven for miles.

apparently from your post, raptors with miles on them are bad.

instead ive spent time, maintaining the things that need it, and offroading the dogfuck out of it. im surprised i dont see more raptor dudes hitting trails.

Darick

Reaction score
No. My post indicates folks that get into Raptors way after they were new, don't spend the money into quality products as folks that buy Raptors new-2 years old.

D

Deleted member 12951

the salty burthurt is so real in this thread i cant stop laughing.

dszwot9xdthdbzyvkwku.gif

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No. My post indicates folks that get into Raptors way after they were new, don't spend the money into quality products as folks that buy Raptors new-2 years old.

my version of quality happens to be working whenever i need it to.

gen2 version of quality means 30 trips to the dealer and 4 calls to a lawyer.
understood lol.

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Bailey i appreciate your response. would you mind telling me where your LEDs are actually manufactured, i dont see it posted.

Good Question – All of our LEDs are direct from CREE. CREE has a facility in Durham, NC that does most of the design work, engineering, testing and first production runs. From there if the LED passes all of the tests most of the bulk production is overseas. One thing to note is not all LEDs are created equal. There are lots of factors that go into choosing the right LED. At Baja Designs we only choose specific LEDs by bin level and color temperature. With our 5000K color temperature there are specific top-tier bins we choose from to ensure there is no variances in the color. At a lower bin level you will find variances in the color of LED. At 6000K and a low tier bin you will have a mixture of LEDs with variances of 100-300 kelvin which isn't as noticeable on the blue color. Lots of competitors will choose the lower level bin because the price is cheaper and the variances on 6000k aren't as noticeable. With our 5000K color the change of 100-300 kelvin will create a slight color change so we ensure to only pull from top tier bins. We also work closely with them to ensure we are using the best LEDs available and are constantly looking for newer models to improve our lights. Please let me know if you have any detailed questions. I apologize about the delay - we are a little short staffed with the fires down in socal.

-Bailey, Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.com

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good Question – All of our LEDs are direct from CREE. CREE has a facility in Durham, NC that does most of the design work, engineering, testing and first production runs. From there if the LED passes all of the tests most of the bulk production is overseas. One thing to note is not all LEDs are created equal. There are lots of factors that go into choosing the right LED. At Baja Designs we only choose specific LEDs by bin level and color temperature. With our 5000K color temperature there are specific top-tier bins we choose from to ensure there is no variances in the color. At a lower bin level you will find variances in the color of LED. At 6000K and a low tier bin you will have a mixture of LEDs with variances of 100-300 kelvin which isn't as noticeable on the blue color. Lots of competitors will choose the lower level bin because the price is cheaper and the variances on 6000k aren't as noticeable. With our 5000K color the change of 100-300 kelvin will create a slight color change so we ensure to only pull from top tier bins. We also work closely with them to ensure we are using the best LEDs available and are constantly looking for newer models to improve our lights. Please let me know if you have any detailed questions. I apologize about the delay - we are a little short staffed with the fires down in socal.

-Bailey, Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.com

same cow from china that i got. i have CREE LEDs in my amazon lights too.
im not saying mine are better in anyway shape or form just FYI for the bandwagon guys that are still crying. im just saying i have the same manufacturer of LEDs in my housing that i only spent 70$ on that you guys use in your 1000$ light bars.
ive had my light bar for well over 4 years now with zero issues, works 100% of the time.

where i have seen issues with it.
1. the housing has faded quite a bit and i have had to re paint it
2. it is dimmer than when it was brand new. (but if you know about how LEDs work you would understand yours will do this too over time)
thats actually it. no condensation, no broken glass, no flickering, works 100% flawlessly.

i believe you guys do a great job and i think the lights look awesome. i just could never stomach spending that much money on something when something else does the EXACT same thing i need for a fraction of the cost. someone else for sure wants to spend that money though, im just trying to be the cheap ass for the OP incase he doesnt want a second mortgage so his uplifter switches do something now.

the only place i could see where dudes would understand what i am trying to say would be to go wedding ring shopping with your wife. you find a giant CZ ring for like 500$, looks like glenda got rocks.
then you see the real thing and its tiny as **** for 10,000$ but ya wife wants the "real deal"

dude lol stay safe from these fires, dont worry about my retarded ass.

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

no one is winning anything brother and i didnt think anyone was arguing. its a discussion about things we are all passionate about.

at the end of the day i love my clapped out old ass raptor with tons of miles on it, idgaf what you run, going offroad and sending it is the main goal.

i still think the lights are overpriced though lol.

Last edited: