Best light for the money

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

“Same thing i need”
exactly! Hence why I asked the OP to clarify his need.

I understand that in Illinois you just need to see the scarecrow when running through the corn fields. Near light vision is really all you need in that scenario so a sub $100 light works perfect and would be the best light for the money.

Its like asking what is the best shampoo for the money. Personally Suave works just fine and is cheap but getting the freebies from hotels is even better. But a high end saloon stylist will tell you differently. And you might like Head and Shoulders the best because it keeps your shoulders clean. Just too many variables that we don’t know

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
same cow from china that i got. i have CREE LEDs in my amazon lights too.
im not saying mine are better in anyway shape or form just FYI for the bandwagon guys that are still crying. im just saying i have the same manufacturer of LEDs in my housing that i only spent 70$ on that you guys use in your 1000$ light bars.
ive had my light bar for well over 4 years now with zero issues, works 100% of the time.

where i have seen issues with it.
1. the housing has faded quite a bit and i have had to re paint it
2. it is dimmer than when it was brand new. (but if you know about how LEDs work you would understand yours will do this too over time)
thats actually it. no condensation, no broken glass, no flickering, works 100% flawlessly.

i believe you guys do a great job and i think the lights look awesome. i just could never stomach spending that much money on something when something else does the EXACT same thing i need for a fraction of the cost. someone else for sure wants to spend that money though, im just trying to be the cheap ass for the OP incase he doesnt want a second mortgage so his uplifter switches do something now.

the only place i could see where dudes would understand what i am trying to say would be to go wedding ring shopping with your wife. you find a giant CZ ring for like 500$, looks like glenda got rocks.
then you see the real thing and its tiny as **** for 10,000$ but ya wife wants the "real deal"

dude lol stay safe from these fires, dont worry about my retarded ass.

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

no one is winning anything brother and i didnt think anyone was arguing. its a discussion about things we are all passionate about.

at the end of the day i love my clapped out old ass raptor with tons of miles on it, idgaf what you run, going offroad and sending it is the main goal.

i still think the lights are overpriced though lol.

Dude? All of us who have Baja Design lights are bored with winning, so that’s why we’re engaging with you on this passionate subject.

:biggrin:

Math is on your side, for sure.

NDO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a little of both. I opted for a 10” onyx6 behind the lower grille and then used n-fab brackets to mount cheap amazon Crees in the fog pockets. My reasoning was that the Baja was for performance and the fog pockets were for looks. Sure enough...the 10” Baja lights up the world better than all my other lights combined. The cheap LEDs in the fog pockets look great but don’t actually accomplish much compared to the Baja. And I had to troubleshoot and replace a failed cheapo that shorted out and blew a fuse on my fog pocket setup. Luckily my $70 worth of cheapos included enough spares that I have plenty of replacements ready and waiting.

I have no regrets on my choices. You do get what you pay for, and the Onyx6 High Power 10” is a must-have imho. But for my purpose for limited off-road and mostly boat ramp and rural road driving I really didn’t need to spend another $1000 on top-of-the-line fog pockets. If I was doing a lot of high speed off-road work it would have been a different choice.

OP
OP
R

RWE

Reaction score
No. My post indicates folks that get into Raptors way after they were new, don't spend the money into quality products as folks that buy Raptors new-2 years old.

My experience has shown that people with new raptors are more likely to worry about getting scratches and what shopping carts might hit their truck in the parking lot and less worried about doing what you told yourself you were buying it for. Gen 1 raptor guys dgaf and launch them until their frames bend.

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

Thing is here is we are suggesting what the OP is asking, Best light for the money. Baja Designs for the money, dollar for dollar is the best for your dollar spent. Your time is money too. Having to deal with cheap troublesome lights takes time compared to something that works and works well. Might not be a big equation in the mix but it does add up.

We get it @AndysLog , you have your opinion and you think all lights are created equal with some minor enhancements but yet you haven’t actually seen the difference to make a valid judgement that means anything. Your credibility on the matter doesn’t mean much. And there is nothing that can be done to change your mind. Even if you saw them in person to see a valid comparison you would still argue your point because no ones really likes to have to admit they might be wrong. You are the type of person that will stick to your beliefs no matter what. I understand a lot of folks are like that.

But for the OP, the best light for the money really depends on how you plan on using it. @RWE , can you clarify your use case?

I'm going to bash it into shit.

D

Deleted member 12951

I'm going to bash it into shit.

Well that settles it. You plan on ruining it by bashing it. So your best light for the money would be any subpar $100 light in quantity 2 at a minimum. Ideally you would want a way to extend the light beyond the truck so you only damage the light without damaging the truck too severely. A quick release would be ideal too. So that way you can easily swap them out when you bash in the first one, hence why I mentioned getting 2 at a minimum. You could even get a dozen of these so you will have a long term supply on hand and still have spent less than one higher quality brand light.

Please post videos of you bashing it into shit.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
R

RWE

Reaction score
Well that settles the it. You plan on ruining it by bashing it. So your best light for the money would be any subpar $100 light in quantity 2 at a minimum. Ideally you would want a way to extend the light beyond the truck so you only damage the light without damaging the truck too severely. A quick release would be ideal too. So that way you can easily swap them out when you bash in the first one, hence why I mentioned getting 2 at a minimum. You could even get a dozen of these so you will have a long term supply on hand and still have spent less than one higher quality brand light.

Please post videos of you bashing it into shit.

Lol. I meant its going to get used off road and hit things. Is it better to buy a BD or a rigid or a cheaper light bar and care less when it breaks. I'll post videos either way.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ya'll talking bout LED lights without me!?!?!?!

Little late to the party but looks like some good information here.

Look we know quality lights cost money but it's for a reason. It's easy to buy a $100 light bar and get a lot of light output, sure... but wait a few months when that mounting hardware rusts or you get moisture that doesn't escape in the bar.

You spent how much on your Raptor and now wanna cheap out? Naw, don't even be that guy. Not only will you have to keep installing the bar and have moisture issues but people will point and laugh.

I had the cheap bars on my truck because I didnt' wanna spend a fortune, but ya know what... one day I bit the bullet, bought a pair of squadron sports from Baja Designs (cheap) and was VERY impressed. Little by little I put more and more Baja Designs on my truck... this was before I really pushed/had all their products on my site.

I used to sell all sorts of brands and promoted all kind but now, Baja is really the only company I recommend. It's a tough product to fit on a lot of vehicles because its a bit different. You won't find your standard 54"curved mounting brackets for a baja designs bar, it's designed entirely different. BUT you get a lot better product, BUILT in california and with a great warranty (and replaceable lenses).

We sell a lot of Baja Designs bars no our site so check it out. I absolutely love their 40" OnX6 Dual Control bar. It performed very well last night in the snow here in NY.

So stick with Baja or be sorry. Rigid is a great brand also but it's really the same as all those other bars. I think you really just pay for their name. ZROADZ is a great eco bar. It's similar to Rigid and the cheaper Eco bars but they give you some better mounting hardware and extra connectors and the bar seems to be sealed up a bit better.

For my money, Baja Designs (even if I wasn't a dealer I'd recommend them)

Attachments

• 24899883_10211139363295366_4766392082977756150_n.jpg
    24899883_10211139363295366_4766392082977756150_n.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 32

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
LOL Good ole Jake. The kid who's not even a vendor on here, never takes part in conversations and spams his same eBay link all the time for his cheap $50 light bars. Time to move on Jake.