bent rear axle shaft

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The258

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you have to pay to play. If you guys can't afford it knock it off. The truck's are very capable of off roading with in reason drive it like a regular f150 and I drive my regular f150's hard and you shouldn't have any problems. If everyone runs in with I bent this and warranty should cover it Ford will not even be able to help out the legitimate claims. This is just my opinion be realistic guys.

understandable but if you were to deal with the ****** here at our local dealers, you would feel the same.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ya probably. Get to know your dealer salesman or woman it's easier walking into a group you know and getting a hey how are you doing than just randomness walking in and expecting to get survs from basically strangers. like the forum after the hazing it mellows out and people understand you better.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My hood decal is faded and you can see through the F150 and SVT on it.. Took it to dealer and the first thing out of there mouth was why it was my fault and it is how I washed and washed to hard and the letters came off... I was f' me are you kidding its a 899 upgrade and it did not last a year... I told the guy that wrote it up, get the replacement ordered its under warranty don't kid yourself... About 3 hours later a call from Ford Detroit, sorry for the inconvenience a new one is on its way to the dealer as we speak.. I think most of the service writers are robots sent to make us miserable...

BIG_TEXAS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
understandable but if you were to deal with the ****** here at our local dealers, you would feel the same.

Agree!

---------- Post added at 04:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 AM ----------

My hood decal is faded and you can see through the F150 and SVT on it.. Took it to dealer and the first thing out of there mouth was why it was my fault and it is how I washed and washed to hard and the letters came off... I was f' me are you kidding its a 899 upgrade and it did not last a year... I told the guy that wrote it up, get the replacement ordered its under warranty don't kid yourself... About 3 hours later a call from Ford Detroit, sorry for the inconvenience a new one is on its way to the dealer as we speak.. I think most of the service writers are robots sent to make us miserable...

Ya that sounds about right

---------- Post added at 04:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 AM ----------

you have to pay to play. If you guys can't afford it knock it off. The truck's are very capable of off roading with in reason drive it like a regular f150 and I drive my regular f150's hard and you shouldn't have any problems. If everyone runs in with I bent this and warranty should cover it Ford will not even be able to help out the legitimate claims. This is just my opinion be realistic guys.

Ha! That was almost a good attempt at being funny. Being realistic is expecting Ford to uphold their promises in the warranty agreement. Gabriel mentioned he does off road (we all do), but not enough to seriously damage the truck. That's why I recommended him to getting a second opinion. There's always a couple bad eggs here and there and figuratively I'm referring to our local dealers. I know I am not the only person here with bad experiences, there are numerous others. Goes to show you this speaks volumes.

It is also worth noting I bought my rap north of the valley. We agreed the rap was my next truck, unfortunately local dealers had their heads too far up their arses with over pricing for me to agree with. They are the epitome of the word 'stealership'!

And yes, I agree you have to pay to play, but you also don't want to get ripped off either. I rest my case.

Last edited:

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
One reason I always remove the go fast stickers the moment I get home. Sun will fade them even if you treat them right. So after you take the sticker off the paint may have a slightly different hue to it because the paint that was covered by the go fast sticker has never seen the sun.

As the age of the Raptor fleet increases you will see a lot more of this. The sticker is one of the highest profit margin items on the truck and Ford is not going to replace them as a matter of course because they are not as pretty as when you bought it. Way to easy to claim owner/operator error...

The258

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh and dont forget bert ogden. I had taken my mazda there with a faulty transmission(bad 3rd gear), they automatically wanted to void all my warranty because i had a header and a drop. I called them out on that but kept insisting that voiding my warranty and not covering is the same thing, that the transmission is like bullet proof and other ********. I raised hell and they eventually decided to do it but only that one time. I got a service letter in the mail, put in a bad report, they lost al ot of money and the dealer manager told me im no longer welcomed there ever again. The edinburg one fkd me over too on an insurance claim.

this is why i go to my friend for warranty work. Hes certified, so why not right.

BIG_TEXAS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh and dont forget bert ogden. I had taken my mazda there with a faulty transmission(bad 3rd gear), they automatically wanted to void all my warranty because i had a header and a drop. I called them out on that but kept insisting that voiding my warranty and not covering is the same thing, that the transmission is like bullet proof and other ********. I raised hell and they eventually decided to do it but only that one time. I got a service letter in the mail, put in a bad report, they lost al ot of money and the dealer manager told me im no longer welcomed there ever again. The edinburg one fkd me over too on an insurance claim.

this is why i go to my friend for warranty work. Hes certified, so why not right.

Never dealt with them personally. Heard some horror stories about ol' Bert.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I really don't understand these service writers... Its as if we get a warranty item covered the service writer acts like he has to pay for it... I just don't get that part... Cover it or don't cover it there pay remains the same so why **** off a customer... Bob Lynch Ford Gilroy used to do shit like that and I finally told everyone I could not to do business there and well, about 5 years later and they folded up like a bad lawn chair.. Sorry for the rant, back on topic bent axles...