bent rear axle shaft

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAPTOR2012GR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fellow RAPTOR bro said my wheel looked bent took it to dealer they said my rear passenger axle shaft is bent and no warranty because he says it was done on purpose and get this that the truck is really not made for offroading ! I wanted to kill him not for off road stupid ass:lazer: fake service man what happened to taking pride in your work any way need to dish out 550.00 for parts and labor . Are these shafts that week anyone with thoughts on help let me know

iHaveGas

FRF Addict
Reaction score
First off I would show that ******** one of Fords promotion videos of it going off road. Then I would tell him you want it covered under warranty because you did not do it on purpose.

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

Here show him this video. Around 1:10 they even catch a little air.

sniperm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call Ford corp.. They will help u.. post some pics.. So we can see..

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
I'm assuming that its the axle tube that's bent not the axle shaft. With bearings on both sides of the axle tube, it would be really hard to bend the axle and not the tube. The only times I have seen that is under hard offroading, and while the truck is marketed as an offroad vehicle, it's still a production truck.

$550 isn't right for replacing an axle housing shaft though. Did the dealer diagnose the problem, or did you just tell him you had a bent axle and wanted it replaced?

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Axle Flange is probably bent which I've seen happen plenty before on all different makes of trucks/cars.

I see it happen more on rear wheel drive cars like mustangs and older camaros where the driver will slide the back end into a curb and it bends the wheel and axle shaft flange.
Did you happen to slide your truck into anything?

Last edited:

2manytrucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^ this or doing hard launches/burn out at the track... lots of rotational force being applied to the axels with heavy wheels on the ends.... snap crackle pop... or in this case wobble wobble wobble... and then no more fun