Before and After Pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I ended up going with a 4" lift since I often go through deep water and mud in my trucks, East Texas and South LA, need the higher clearance. Plus the wheels I am going with wouldn't have fit with just a leveling kit due to the width and height.

My build is being done by Extreme Offroad and Performance in Katy, TX. They have done 4 previous builds for me and do really great work. Plus being close to me I can go by anytime to check on the work and have them fix issues after the work is done.

its all good . please don't misinterpret my comment as negative.

TMX has done some work for me. I brought the truck from New Orleans to Dallas to have them do it.

I'm all too familiar with East Texas and Louisiana terrain. i think you'll find that 3" in altitude adjustment (from new shocks) and 39s (without a cradle lift of blocks in the rear) vs the 4" cradle and 37s is a negligible difference in door sill height and air intake height. Your biggest challenge with water will be the intake location and the dozens of electrical connections that you need to pack with dielectric grease. In the mud, your IWEs are going to be screaming. I'd guess your " Fuse" will be the front axle shafts.

I'd bet with +6 fenders, as long as you aren't airing the thing out, you could go 40s and actually be higher.

the bonus for going with an RPG bolt kit and +3 or +4 deavers is that you'd gain suspension travel, still get your height, and you'd end up with a suspension that performs amazingly well. I'd also bet that you'll end up with a wider track width than most of the other trucks out in the water/mud, so you'd have a shot as being outside the ruts or being able to straddle them a whole lot better.

the Bolt kit is, as the title implies, bolt on, save the front upper bypass mount, so really any shop should be able to do it.

Just trying to help a fellow racer out. it would suck to throw the money into the lift, then hate the performance and end up tearing it out to spend all that same money again, plus a fair amount more.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
its all good . please don't misinterpret my comment as negative.

TMX has done some work for me. I brought the truck from New Orleans to Dallas to have them do it.

I'm all too familiar with East Texas and Louisiana terrain. i think you'll find that 3" is altitude adjustment and 39s (without a cradle lift of blocks in the rear) vs the 4" cradle and 37s is a negligible difference in door sill height.
I'd bet with +6 fenders, as long as you aren't airing the thing out, you could go 40s and actually be higher.

the bonus for going with an RPG bolt kit and +3 or +4 deavers is that you'd gain suspension travel, still get your height, and you'd end up with a suspension that performs amazingly well.

the Bolt kit is, as the title implies, bolt on, save the front upper bypass mount, so really any shop should be able to do it.

Just trying to help a fellow racer out.

No worries, thanks for the info. I would change the set up but it is a little late now since I already have the parts in and paid everything up front. If for some reason it isn't to my liking (ride wise) we can go back and change it.

I am not really worried about wheel travel since where I go there aren't many areas where I would need the extra travel. I am more worried about water running into the cab, lol. My last truck was a F250 with a 6" lift and I have vids of water all the way up to the hood and still crawling through. Hopefully I won't be needing that in the Raptor.

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with zombiekiller. Youd be better off doing what he stated. Its not too late to not put that lift kit on.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
No worries, thanks for the info. I would change the set up but it is a little late now since I already have the parts in and paid everything up front. If for some reason it isn't to my liking (ride wise) we can go back and change it.

I am not really worried about wheel travel since where I go there aren't many areas where I would need the extra travel. I am more worried about water running into the cab, lol. My last truck was a F250 with a 6" lift and I have vids of water all the way up to the hood and still crawling through. Hopefully I won't be needing that in the Raptor.

iirc that lift kit simply adds taller rear blocks.

you are going to absolutely HATE the axle wrap.

In mud, your driveshaft is going to go on strike the first time you torque those poor leaf springs even further than they do with the factory block.

I'd expect that if hammer on it, parts will grenade in epic fashion. someone will absolutely snap a pic of the carnage, plop it on instagram, and your truck may live on in infamy perpetually.

just please don't let the shop sell you on traction bars to band-aid the axle wrap.

I'll bet that the lift can be returned if you bought it locally to the distribution warehouse.

OP
OP
B

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Serious question, why not just buy a Lariat and lift it?

Because I already have 3 Lariats for my business and wanted to do something different than what I give my employees. I like the Raptor and just wanted to do a build that no one else has. The areas I take my trucks typically have high water and deep mud, reason why I need the lift.

Or like I tell my wife when she asks me why I buy cars that can go 200 mph, because I can. Lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Updated pics. Looking kinda naked with everything off and a set of wheels to roll her around the shop. Wheels arrived yesterday and we should be complete this weekend. Then off to be ceramic coated next week.

Attachments

• E07DCAF0-0DC9-42D8-B8F6-1FCEC9AB5BB8.jpg
    E07DCAF0-0DC9-42D8-B8F6-1FCEC9AB5BB8.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 205
  • F74B2096-87F8-4D61-A41F-1EA11B0B8843.jpg
    F74B2096-87F8-4D61-A41F-1EA11B0B8843.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 208
  • FBCE8540-997D-44BE-AEEE-47F9E2DAE3DB.jpg
    FBCE8540-997D-44BE-AEEE-47F9E2DAE3DB.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 194
  • 387321E9-6951-4757-81E6-964E4822E06E.jpg
    387321E9-6951-4757-81E6-964E4822E06E.jpg