Balance beads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattyz99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just came across counteract balance beads for the tires, recently it seems my factory KO2 are in desperate need of help in this category, has anyone used the balance beads in their KO2? I went to purchase and the Amazon reviews were not that hot so idk. Did you guys purchase the injection pump and diy, or have a shop dismount and drop in bag? Did you remove all your wheel weights also?

tom wansor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My mechanic recommended them for when I get new tires. He used the bags on his F250 and was impressed

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They've been around for MANY years in one form or another. I've seen varying degrees of success. Some guys swear by them, quite a few say they're junk and don't work, or that they work OK, but didn't hold up. The other thing I've seen is that after they are in, whomever does your next tire change will not be happy when the beads fall all over their shop when they dismount the tire.

I tried these beads once when I was younger, but they didn't help my balance at all!

4b841e41d49a628efad620ebd35c79fb_2000x.jpg

Last edited:

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
They've been around for MANY years in one form or another. I've seen varying degrees of success. Some guys swear by them, quite a few say they're junk and don't work, or that they work OK, but didn't hold up. The other thing I've seen is that after they are in, whomever does your next tire change will not be happy when the beads fall all over their shop when they dismount the tire.

I tried these beads once when I was younger, but they didn't help my balance at all!

4b841e41d49a628efad620ebd35c79fb_2000x.jpg
Best response!
I have them now and I want them rebalanced. Not too impressed. Also a side note the valve stem that is used with them are a PITA, I was trying to air down in Borego and they let air out so slowly it was painful. I am definitely getting real balancing and new valve stems.

Bowewelding

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run them in every tire I own even the trailer.. i even run airsoft bb's to get a break in the price..they work great!! They don't seem to screw with the tire pressure sensors either. I recommend them to everyone I deal with, I change my own tires because the tire shop guys do get a little mad when u use them. But they're great! No need to get your tires rebalanced because they reposition themselves as the tire wears.

OP
OP
mattyz99

mattyz99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well hell, I’ll give them a try tomorrow and let you guys know how it turns out

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve only ever heard of them being used in motorcycle tires