Bad shifting, poor acceleration...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't think it matters where you get the LiveWire. Custom tunes can be emailed, downloaded and uploaded, right?
Or I can send the unit to 5star...

I guess it doesn't but, Mike sells his Livewire for $650 with 6 custom tunes, you pick what you want, if you buy just the custom tunes from him down the road he is going to charge you like $75 per tune...(just a guess)

Plus you have the support if something happens or you should have any questions...

Just my .02.

Fred

OP
OP
eugeneorange

eugeneorange

Reaction score
I guess it doesn't but, Mike sells his Livewire for $650 with 6 custom tunes, you pick what you want, if you buy just the custom tunes from him down the road he is going to charge you like $75 per tune...(just a guess)

Plus you have the support if something happens or you should have any questions...

Just my .02.

Fred

I see... crap, I should've checked here first! :banghead:

I'll return it and get it from Mike with the tunes I want.
I really hope this thing will teach my tranny a lesson (or six) :))

Last edited:

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see... crap, I should've checked here first! :banghead:

I'll return it and get it from Mike with the tunes I want.
I really hope this thing will teach my tranny a lesson (or six) :))

Glad you can return the LW...

Keep us posted...if it were me, and the truck is not right in your eyes take it to the dealer...

Fred

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the 5 star tunes will make a huge difference but like fred and i have said try to have the dealer get the truck right in stock form 1st or at least better. then go for the 5 star tunes and really wake that beast up. the 5 star trans tuning is way better than the stock trans tune, nevermind a messed up one.

quicksinner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My tranny is a POS as well. Been in twice with the "could not duplicate" response. It slips half the time and is confused when it comes to downshifts. I'm just gonna wait till something snaps and they can replace it. I've shared my concerns and they didn't do anything.