GEN 2 B pillar scratches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

William Henglein

Reaction score
I don’t know if I did this or my dealer but the black plastic B pillars have circular scratch marks. Any idea on how to correct this problem? Replace the plastic? Apply something over them? Get them painted? Sorry the picture is not great.

2f41637e4aaadfdbfbbbedd72d685ac3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CigarPundit

On the road to serfdom...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Happens to all of f them sooner or later—usually sooner. You can polish them out and then apply ppf. That’s what I do.

ddpt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Paint correction then ceramic coat them or PPF them

DDP

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wrapped mine in 3M Dinoc. The b pillars appear to be made of the same plastic as a DVD

termite352

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Definitely a common problem as I have it too. FWIW, they are not the B Pillars, they are a cosmetic portion of the doors. The B Pillar (Post) is the middle upper support for the body of the truck. These are fun to cut with the right tools........just sayin'. :)

STAZ

Reaction score
I put urathane coated carbon fiber pcs. on mine u can get from Auto Car Image LLC on line. 8005568691 89.00 for set. And to match it with same C.F. Fender vent inserts get from Fulinjie order on line 39.99. Both have double sided adhesive tape on them. They look great.

OP
OP
William Henglein

William Henglein

Reaction score
Hey. Thanks for all the responses. I guess I can polish them, paint them, or wrap them (cover them). To be honest I’m nervous about gluing anything to the car although I know the the newer adhesives are good. I really would like to keep the OEM look. Cigar pundit said you can polish out the scratches. I have heard people doing that on paint but can you do that on plastic? If so what polishing paste are you using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CigarPundit

On the road to serfdom...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You want to use a light polish like Adams Finishing Polish. Don't use a compound with an aggressive cut. The stuff is really soft. Also, I would PPF over the top to protect it going forward. Otherwise you will be doing it constantly.