GEN 2 B pillar scratches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
William Henglein

William Henglein

Reaction score
Thanks for the link. Unfortunately I don’t know what PPF stands for. Some type of clear coat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CigarPundit

On the road to serfdom...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paint protection film. It’s a clear adhesive film that is invisible if applied correctly and protects the paint from rock chips, scratches, etc. You can apply ceramic coating, wax, or whatever protectant you would normally use on top of it. It works great. I just had my entire truck wrapped in PPF and ceramic coated. I did the same thing on my M3. After a few years, when the ceramic coating is due for replacement and the PPF is beat up (it self heals for minor scrapes and scratches), you can peel it off and you have your brand new, undamaged factory paint. From there, you can re-wrap it, or just let the wear and tear begin at that point.

Doing the whole truck in PPF is very expensive if you use a premium film and a really good installer, who will wrap the film around the edges of each body panel, rendering it totally invisible with no seams. But doing the B pillars is an easy and cheap DIY job.

Dalamar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as others have said, polish it with a good cut/polish, then put on a wax or sealer.
That will clean it up and offer some scratch resistance.

Jason Snokhous

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Happens to all of f them sooner or later—usually sooner. You can polish them out and then apply ppf. That’s what I do.
Agreed. When I ordered mine I told the dealership not to wash it. Luckily they listed and I had Xpel PPF installed the following week. You need to polish it for sure but just know those are extremely sensitive to scratching so wait to polish right before you do PPF. If you don’t do PPF then you must hand wash very carefully and go in up and down motions only when you wash. FYI, PPF will actually hide minor scratches. At least that’s what my Xpel installer told me.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My PPF/tint guy recommended doing them when I first got the truck. Had zero intention of doing them I brought it In for bumper/grill surround/fenders/hood/tints but he said “they’ll get hairline scratches instantly if you don’t & noticeable in sun” - it was inexpensive @ the time to add on for the rest of the job.

Glad I did. Guess he was right.