GEN 2 AWE 0FG - Who still has it installed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nood1es

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just installed the 1FG setup last week. I will first say that the videos posted on the AWE website sound intriguing. However, my install occurred simultaneously with Cobb's FMIC, CAI, Tune, SPD Turbo adapters and SPD Down pipes. So I cannot give true feedback on JUST the AWE exhaust. That being said, this thing is obnoxiously LOUD. I've only driven about 200 miles and impatiently waiting a break-in reprieve! I can attest to everything that Rob O said above. One thing for sure, the front end items won't come off, but this exhaust is living on borrowed time!

Damn got me worried.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Note also, I added Vibrant Resonators at about 1200 miles ... well after the break-in period. They helped around town driving, settling it quite a bit without totally squelching the sounds that are good. But they couldn't contain the noise at freeway speeds.

After going back to stock, the drive home (including freeway) was like I'd gone from a noisy, old school rig to a Lexus ... it was so much quieter. Ford has done an outstanding job with the factory exhaust tuning and noise control, without killing the sound. There's just no making the Ecoboost 3.5TT sound "better", so it might as well be comfortably quiet.

Stock exhaust was too loud for me. I swapped the factory tips for shorty straight thru mufflers. Knocked the edge off the noise. Now, I really only notice the exhaust when I get on it. I turned off the fake noise, road trips are sublime.

In my younger days, I probably would have run a straight thru exhaust though. :)

lateralis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just installed the 1FG setup last week. I will first say that the videos posted on the AWE website sound intriguing. However, my install occurred simultaneously with Cobb's FMIC, CAI, Tune, SPD Turbo adapters and SPD Down pipes. So I cannot give true feedback on JUST the AWE exhaust. That being said, this thing is obnoxiously LOUD. I've only driven about 200 miles and impatiently waiting a break-in reprieve! I can attest to everything that Rob O said above. One thing for sure, the front end items won't come off, but this exhaust is living on borrowed time!

What DP's did you go with? SPD's catted or non-cattted DP? This also plays a big part on how loud it is. I would be interested in a comparison between stock exhaust with and without the SPD DP's. Might be the sweet spot for those looking for the real performance booster without to much noise.

Also, does the COBB OST account for the DP's or are you getting a Protune? From my experience with Subaru's if you try and run an aftermarket DP with a tune that's only meant for intake and IC you're asking for problems.

Stratia69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with the catted DP's. I am going to get a custom tune. Looking for a Cobb tuner in my area doing Ford Raptors. I know Cobb was working a Stage 3 that was to account for their DP's. That got canceled as they stated on the forum that they they saw no real gains for that setup and stopped at the Stage 2+. They are still going to sell their DP's. Waiting to here back from them tomorrow with some input about my specific setup and running their OTS map until I get into a tuner.

BushwiickBill

Reaction score
I've had my my AWE 1FG installed since 300 miles on my 19...absolutely legit in my opinion. Barks when it needs too, no drone on highway speeds. I'm impressed and this if my first V6 ever, previous was a 14 Raptor with big block magnaflow.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the Corsa Extreme. It was obnoxious and had too much drone at highway speeds for my taste. Put the stock resonator back on and really like it now.
I actually love it. I agree that it has some drone on the highway if you get above 70 MPH, but I love the sound otherwise. I don't think the rumble is too intrusive with normal driving until you get close to 2800 RPMs and above. It definitely isn't for everybody, but I couldn't imagine my truck without it now that I have had it for a while.

TheWrench

Reaction score
Hey there. I’m considering installing the 1FG system and I have a few questions regarding the cabin sound levels.
I’m curious about the simulated exhaust sound pumped through the speakers. Is this sound sourced from a microphone coming from the vehicles exhaust and being magnified inside the cabin or a completely synthetic exhaust sound based on throttle position and engine load? Are we hearing a combination of the simulated sound and now the real exhaust sound, equaling something unpleasant? I wonder if shutting off the simulated sound so we only hear the actual exhaust would sound better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick@GotExhaust

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Exactly why AWE has several kits to try and suite everyone's taste. AWE did a great job of covering all the bases. For anyone trying to decide which way to go feel free to contact us via PM for assistance and for a quote with your FRF discount!

Krillin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
abount 2000 kms in on 1fg ... had some rasp early on but i havent heard it for a bit now.. so far so awesome

Jess79

Reaction score
Hey there. I’m considering installing the 1FG system and I have a few questions regarding the cabin sound levels.
I’m curious about the simulated exhaust sound pumped through the speakers. Is this sound sourced from a microphone coming from the vehicles exhaust and being magnified inside the cabin or a completely synthetic exhaust sound based on throttle position and engine load? Are we hearing a combination of the simulated sound and now the real exhaust sound, equaling something unpleasant? I wonder if shutting off the simulated sound so we only hear the actual exhaust would sound better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would like to know this also, I'm not running any of AWE but instead I installed the Magnaflow cat back and get some really strange and over bearing sound in the cabin around 1500 to 2000 rpms. I had this thought that maybe the exhaust sound is creating some sort of sound vortex between the conflicting sound waves, especially when I was using the bluetooth and I didn't hear it. It was like the exhaust sound from the speaker was disengaged because I was on the phone. Really would like to hear what other's have to say on this.