GEN 2 AWE 0FG - Who still has it installed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I disabled the faux exhaust sound via forscan. On youtube it sounds terrible, but in real life it’s pretty much the same. The difference is very subtle, and one thing fake engine noise does is cover up a lot of innocuous squeaks, rattles, taps, knocks, jingles that you will definitely notice more.

Now, as to the exhaust. I took db readings at least after the install, I think I have some in cabin before numbers too. The 2FG does raise in cabin db by about 7db at 60mph. you can easily hold a conversation, and it was 1-2 settings on the stereo to comfortably account for it. I didn’t collect stock db readings at higher speeds, but the 2FG wasn’t much louder at 70. There are 2 conditions where the 2FG is much less refined than stock:
1) about 1100-1250 rpms under any load. Normal drive mode will stuff it to 10th gear as low as 41mph, which is... about 1100 rpms. any amount of throttle will produce an audibly displeasing drone until you’re through about 1250 rpms, or downshift. You cannot be in this condition for long periods of time unless you’re shifting manually and deliberately trying to cause this. The 10 speed will downshift at this low rpm pretty readily.

2) When you cane it, the truck gets loud. Fast. 90db and up on tip in, windows up. Windows down, it’s a touch raspy, but mostly loud. It’s not a bad loud, it’s just less refined than stock -which is kind of like a well oiled Singer sewing machine.

AWE got some good sound out of their stuff.

Pure745

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I disabled the faux exhaust sound via forscan. On youtube it sounds terrible, but in real life it’s pretty much the same. The difference is very subtle, and one thing fake engine noise does is cover up a lot of innocuous squeaks, rattles, taps, knocks, jingles that you will definitely notice more.

Now, as to the exhaust. I took db readings at least after the install, I think I have some in cabin before numbers too. The 2FG does raise in cabin db by about 7db at 60mph. you can easily hold a conversation, and it was 1-2 settings on the stereo to comfortably account for it. I didn’t collect stock db readings at higher speeds, but the 2FG wasn’t much louder at 70. There are 2 conditions where the 2FG is much less refined than stock:
1) about 1100-1250 rpms under any load. Normal drive mode will stuff it to 10th gear as low as 41mph, which is... about 1100 rpms. any amount of throttle will produce an audibly displeasing drone until you’re through about 1250 rpms, or downshift. You cannot be in this condition for long periods of time unless you’re shifting manually and deliberately trying to cause this. The 10 speed will downshift at this low rpm pretty readily.

2) When you cane it, the truck gets loud. Fast. 90db and up on tip in, windows up. Windows down, it’s a touch raspy, but mostly loud. It’s not a bad loud, it’s just less refined than stock -which is kind of like a well oiled Singer sewing machine.

AWE got some good sound out of their stuff.

Excellent! Just ordered a 0FG - looks and sounds amazing from what I've seen, they are also a reputable brand in the Porsche world and make some good sounding stuff.

Kuan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excellent! Just ordered a 0FG - looks and sounds amazing from what I've seen, they are also a reputable brand in the Porsche world and make some good sounding stuff.

Did you hear the exhaust that Ford is now using (via TSB) on the Raptor? They put the F150 Limited muffler on and that seems to be the best all around sound.

Pure745

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you hear the exhaust that Ford is now using (via TSB) on the Raptor? They put the F150 Limited muffler on and that seems to be the best all around sound.

No, I haven't. I really liked the sound of the 0FG, and think it looks really good. I have it on order already.

Jrekasie

Reaction score
Bringing up my experience so far. How many miles, realistically, should I give my recent 1FG install? I am embarrassed that my truck sounds like this right now. Stock is better than this “non broken in” sound. My concern is that if the “break in” period is not a guaranteed noticeable improvement, and instead a subjective observation based on preference, then I just spent $1K for non sense BS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bringing up my experience so far. How many miles, realistically, should I give my recent 1FG install? I am embarrassed that my truck sounds like this right now. Stock is better than this “non broken in” sound. My concern is that if the “break in” period is not a guaranteed noticeable improvement, and instead a subjective observation based on preference, then I just spent $1K for non sense BS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My 2FG broke in around 800-900 miles. It wasn't a night and day difference but the tone is not as harsh and raspy now.

bpetty13

Reaction score
I’ve had the 0FG on my truck for the past 6 months and have put a couple thousand miles on it. During that time I have experienced some positives & negatives with it.

The positives:
1. I really enjoyed the cold starts and how it sounds while idling. It has a very nice deep rumble to it during both of those times.
2. I also don’t mind it at highway/cruising speeds as I didn’t find it to be that much louder than stock.
3. I love the AWE 5” tips.

The negatives:
1. I found it to be obnoxiously loud at 2500-3000 RPMs in the mid gears, specifically 4-6.
2. It’s also obnoxiously loud under any type of load. For example, I as well as my passengers (4) immediately noticed the increased cabin presence when I was taking them to the airport. That extra passenger weight (along with their luggage in the bed) caused the exhaust to be much louder throughout the entire RPM range and shift points. It was way too loud during this time for my tastes.

Ultimately, this past weekend I decided to put the stock resonator back on and I am so happy that I did! It has made a noticeable difference. I still get the deep rumble that I enjoyed with the cold starts and idling, but it’s greatly reduced the cabin presence during the 2500-3000 RPM range that I was experiencing. It’s still louder than stock because of the H-pipe that replaces the muffler, but it’s so much more tolerable now. Knowing what I know now, if I could do it again I would’ve gone with the 2FG and then looked at possibly adding the tips & tail pipes if I really wanted them. I think the 2FG is a perfect balance that produces a nice sound without getting crazy loud.

I know there is technically a break-in period, but I personally didn’t notice a big difference before, during, or after it was broken in.

In conclusion, I just want to say that I think AWE has made a very high quality product. I also have to give a shout out to their after sales service too. They quickly helped me address an issue that was causing my tips to be unaligned.

I hope this information and my experience helps someone!

DaveRseattle

Reaction score
I installed the AWE 0FG on my 19 screw back in August (2020) I have a COBB tuner, w Goose custom TCM and ECU tune, CAI and intercooler.

I was looking for an exhaust to add a little sound but didn’t want anything too obnoxious. I did as much research as possible, actually spoke to Mike (I think his name was) at AWE a couple times and listened to their videos and decided to go with the 0FG since it sounded more throaty and less raspy than the other options (as far as I could tell from videos) Mike at AWE was also great to talk to, very helpful.

Anyways, on with the saga.

I have put about 2500 miles on the truck since installing the 0FG and all
I can say is that I absolutely hate it. I almost threw away my stock exhaust a couple times but am glad I kept it. I’m going to go back to stock.

Pros: Sounds good on startup, doesn’t have as raspy of a sound as other Raptor exhausts I’ve heard, unless I’m in Sport mode at full throttle, then it’s really loud and obnoxiously raspy.

Cons: It’s just too loud for me. If you’re on a call while driving, people are like “is there a kid in a Honda with a loud exhaust system next to you?”. I also pull a cargo trailer short distances to go dirt biking, that’s about enough to make me crazy. The sound of the exhaust against the front of the trailer is just ridiculous.

Bottom line. I should of known I can’t get a V8 (or even anything decent) sound out of this eco-boost unless I’m putting Ken Block money into it.

faultball

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Had an AWE exhhaust on my 991 GTS and have nothing but great things to say about it, fit was spot on. Same with break-in it sounded way better after a few miles.