GEN 2 AWE 0FG - Who still has it installed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoldenTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pulse check.
I've liked the sound of the 0FG that I see on video's, but keep seeing comments on this forum related to removing it after it was installed because they didn't like it in the long-run.
I wanted to poll the audience and see if there were actually still a number of people who kept it and are still happy?

Nood1es

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the 2fg installed for several weeks now and I like the sound. Not to loud, but at WOT its throaty. In the beginning it did not sound to good but as it broke in its sound is definitely better. Just my 2cs.

2nd this

BlazinPond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fullsizeoutput_f75.png

0FG here. Just installed last weekend.
I trust others who said to let it break in before removing....I'm think I will keep the 0FG installed (or at least parts of it).

A bit early for an in-depth review...but my first impression is:

• Great sound at cold start and idle
  • Light throttle/acceleration is not over bearing....sounds great (compared to stock).
  • Mid throttle acceleration seems super loud compared to stock
  • During mid-throttle acceleration (2.5-3.5k rpms) there is a bit too much rasp (and increased cabin presence) that I don't necessarily care for (during break-in)
  • The loudness and rasp can 'mostly' be controlled by your foot on the pedal.
  • Full acceleration is tremendous....you don't seem to get that mid acceleration rasp as much.
  • Tips are great and perfect to my eyes.
  • Did I say this exhaust is loud?!

Last but not least, FedEx tossed my two AWE boxes around like crazy.
And of course, the inner small box that contained the AWE tips....one had a small dent. :banghead:

**EDIT** After driving around 200 miles, I am now only 50% sure I may keep this exhaust. It BETTER settle down a little or I will NOT keep the entire 0FG system installed.

I installed my Cobb CAI and the exhaust sound got louder (not what I wanted)!

On a positive note, the 'Rasp' is going away.

While Acceleration is excellent, around town driving and particularly 2k to 3k rpms has TOO MUCH 'exhaust' cabin presence at times (what some mistake for drone).

Last edited:

the1russ

Reaction score
no, don't mean AWE, the very first comment on this thread is "I've liked the sound of the 0FG that I see on video's," . Then there's the comment "I have the 2fg installed for several weeks". But then I don't know what "AWE" stands for either. Are people too lazy to type? Are these abbreviations so ubiquitous that it is assumed everyone should know what they mean? Guess I need to get out more...

Kirby Lastinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AWE is the brand. 0FG is the type of exhaust. Numbers are based on the component of the system. Resonator, muffler, tailpipe, and combination of the three. Can buy one, two, or all three parts of the system.