Assessment on current market conditions - thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RCorsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have never used that keypad so happy to get rid of the distracting 1990s tech

Of course the second year of a new build will be better (it always is with new models). Also many 2023s sat in unprotected areas in cold climates causing a lot of issues to follow. My local detail shop is contracted with the 3 largest ford dealers. I know the owner well and he mentioned all the R’s he saw were totally trashed once he had them on lifts and got into them. When I told him I was getting one he said “whatever you do don’t get a 2023”. I’m sure trucks built after may 2023 would be ok.

RCorsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a new 2023 R on BaT now in the 120s and a used (8k miles) sitting in the low 40s. My guess is the new one may hit 130 and the used one in the 90s. Any other guesses.

Reaction score
I placed an order via text with a dealer who I assumed was never going to get it, and just got an email that it's in and ready, 15K ADM.

I'm not sure if I'm living in a dream where the dealer thinks they can go a year without any follow-up (letting me know the order was picked, or it's in production, etc.) Or this is what they do hoping that I back out?

Did anyone else spray orders everywhere back when it was first announced and have a dealer not follow up until the truck was on the lot?

Given this thread, 15K seems reasonable compared to the old days, but feel like it's not worth the headache given I bought a 35 when I gave up on securing the R.

OP
OP
solsurfr

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I placed an order via text with a dealer who I assumed was never going to get it, and just got an email that it's in and ready, 15K ADM.

I'm not sure if I'm living in a dream where the dealer thinks they can go a year without any follow-up (letting me know the order was picked, or it's in production, etc.) Or this is what they do hoping that I back out?

Did anyone else spray orders everywhere back when it was first announced and have a dealer not follow up until the truck was on the lot?

Given this thread, 15K seems reasonable compared to the old days, but feel like it's not worth the headache given I bought a 35 when I gave up on securing the R.
I thought about spraying orders as well but I am willing to go up to 15K on ADM as well. I think that is a reasonable amount to me.

RCorsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your situation is not unique and kind of dealer/sale associate and manufacturer dependent. I suspect most Ford dealers/sales people aren’t used to folks spending over 100k on a car and what kind of service/communication those kind of clients expect.

When I order a Ferrari my dealer tells me every step of the way what’s going on. “Car is in the paint shop” “car is at the port in Italy” etc. Porsche also has a new feature called “track your dream” and you can see the same stuff online via your account. However last year I bought a new 2022 Urus and ordered a 2023 Urus S and 2024 Urus Performante. About a month ago my dealer called and said “Urus S is here”. I was fairly upset since it does take some prep especially if you need to sell your other car. I spoke to the GM about it and he totally agreed with me. Turns out The sales guy I had used quit and the new guy didn’t pick up the slack. I’m fairly certain I won’t get any updates on my 2024 R unless I inquire.

Anyway with regards to your situation I’d see what the trade value for your 35 is and then decide if it’s worth it. 15k seems decent for a 2023 as long as they don’t screw you on trade.

Reaction score
Your situation is not unique and kind of dealer/sale associate and manufacturer dependent. I suspect most Ford dealers/sales people aren’t used to folks spending over 100k on a car and what kind of service/communication those kind of clients expect.

When I order a Ferrari my dealer tells me every step of the way what’s going on. “Car is in the paint shop” “car is at the port in Italy” etc. Porsche also has a new feature called “track your dream” and you can see the same stuff online via your account. However last year I bought a new 2022 Urus and ordered a 2023 Urus S and 2024 Urus Performante. About a month ago my dealer called and said “Urus S is here”. I was fairly upset since it does take some prep especially if you need to sell your other car. I spoke to the GM about it and he totally agreed with me. Turns out The sales guy I had used quit and the new guy didn’t pick up the slack. I’m fairly certain I won’t get any updates on my 2024 R unless I inquire.

Anyway with regards to your situation I’d see what the trade value for your 35 is and then decide if it’s worth it. 15k seems decent for a 2023 as long as they don’t screw you on trade.
Yeah, it was night and day compared to my GT500 order where I got emails and updates every step of the process.

This was:
July 20th, 2022: Order Submitted
November 6th, 2023: The truck is on Lot, 15K ADM, what would you like to do?

They don't want to make a trade offer on the 35 since I'm out of state, so I'm going to my local dealers and GiveMeTheVin to see if a flip is possible on tight timelines. :emotions133: