Sell in hot market or a long term classic?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sale value is also going to depend on what mods if you've done. Some mods can actually hurt the value of the vehicle.
Most mods when you are talking collectors. The more OEM the better. Even if you are looking for a classic to mod, unmolested is better.

heybear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most mods when you are talking collectors. The more OEM the better. Even if you are looking for a classic to mod, unmolested is better.
true fact.

and right when i cut off my frame horns and bobbed the bed...

WNCHSTR96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think if you sell your Raptor you will regret it later. I have no intention on ever getting rid of mine and drive it everywhere. I just passed 216k miles on it when I drove up to Iowa and back. Just need to wash it now. It should put a smile on your face every time you start it or stomp it. Mine still does!

Attachments

• B72DEEDA-CED5-4E6A-A1E5-6339F90BAB22.jpeg
    B72DEEDA-CED5-4E6A-A1E5-6339F90BAB22.jpeg
    133.9 KB · Views: 8

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just depends on why your selling it. If you are selling it to move forward with something else, build something better or flee the country there won't be any regrets. If you are selling it because you want a gen 2 or 3 there will be regret!

PTYHRD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have a 2014 Roush SE with 56k miles with some mods that has been an rock solid with zero problems

I always thought about keeping the truck forever but with this hot market, it makes me think about selling?

I recently moved 1 mile from my office and the thought of driving a huge truck to work seems like a waste

I never went off road and has been a street queen.

I wanted to gauge the forums input on long term value of a Gen1. I feel it will be always worth in the 40s-50s depending on miles and condition so perhaps the hot market means nothing?

I have to sell one car. I did pick up an Alfa Romeo quad a year ago that is a blast with a warranty till 2024

Either sell the Truck or the Alfa?

I know posting on a raptor forum will be pro truck but I wanted to get an idea if it’s down right stupid to unload a Gen1?
Ew sell the Alfa. That won’t hold its value even close to what a roush SE will. I have a 14 roush with 62k on it. Work is 3.5 miles away. Raptor is not only awesome driving around town but when you need to grab something from the hardware store or whatver it comes in handy. I like to go train and shoot. Sure driving 80miles to the outdoor range sucked mpg/$ wise but no issues on the dirt road once there.

Was at the car was the other day and some dude was taking pics of my truck. No ones taking pics of an Alfa q4.

I’d only consider getting rid of for a new raptor.
Buy a nice bike for your commute if you think it’s irresponsible to drive 1 mile.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ew sell the Alfa. That won’t hold its value even close to what a roush SE will. I have a 14 roush with 62k on it. Work is 3.5 miles away. Raptor is not only awesome driving around town but when you need to grab something from the hardware store or whatver it comes in handy. I like to go train and shoot. Sure driving 80miles to the outdoor range sucked mpg/$ wise but no issues on the dirt road once there.

Was at the car was the other day and some dude was taking pics of my truck. No ones taking pics of an Alfa q4.

I’d only consider getting rid of for a new raptor.
Buy a nice bike for your commute if you think it’s irresponsible to drive 1 mile.
EXACTLY..!!!
I cant pull in for gas with out some one coming over to ask questions or to take a photo....and I do pull in for gas alot..LOL!