Sell in hot market or a long term classic?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RS4

Reaction score
Have a 2014 Roush SE with 56k miles with some mods that has been an rock solid with zero problems

I always thought about keeping the truck forever but with this hot market, it makes me think about selling?

I recently moved 1 mile from my office and the thought of driving a huge truck to work seems like a waste

I never went off road and has been a street queen.

I wanted to gauge the forums input on long term value of a Gen1. I feel it will be always worth in the 40s-50s depending on miles and condition so perhaps the hot market means nothing?

I have to sell one car. I did pick up an Alfa Romeo quad a year ago that is a blast with a warranty till 2024

Either sell the Truck or the Alfa?

I know posting on a raptor forum will be pro truck but I wanted to get an idea if it’s down right stupid to unload a Gen1?

WTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All up to you and your situation. It may rise in value in a few years if the mileage stays low. But I always think to put money to work rather than let it sit. I doubt the trucks value will increase 8-10% a year like a good investment would.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Which one do you enjoy more? Do you need the truck bed for anything? Is the snow in your avatar a factor worth considering?

I can't really see the Raptor being more fun that the Alpha if you never off road, but I can see the Raptor being more practical and reliable. I don't think we are going to see prices on good gen 1 go down any time soon. They may be at their all time low.

Could it make 8% annually? Maybe, there are cars that do better than that... probably not though.

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
If you can only have one vehicle a truck makes more sense. Especially if you are a homeowner or like traveling. For some reason I just don’t see modern vehicles as one day being collectible. With all the tech They just don’t age as well as the older cars.

mprice1234

Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
I plan on keeping my 2010 6.2 with 18,800 miles on it regardless of what prices they are getting now or in the future. Classic is how I already see it as and only 14 more years for it to be official. Yes it has been a garage queen and babied to an extreme but that's what you have to do to make it 25 years running and looking like new. Maybe I'll get a Gen 2 or 3 for a hard driven beat the crap out of it truck since I don't think they be a much sought after vehicle in the future like the Gen 1's. Big concern is in 25 year I won't be able to get gasoline for the big V8!

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ye
I plan on keeping my 2010 6.2 with 18,800 miles on it regardless of what prices they are getting now or in the future. Classic is how I already see it as and only 14 more years for it to be official. Yes it has been a garage queen and babied to an extreme but that's what you have to do to make it 25 years running and looking like new. Maybe I'll get a Gen 2 or 3 for a hard driven beat the crap out of it truck since I don't think they be a much sought after vehicle in the future like the Gen 1's. Big concern is in 25 year I won't be able to get gasoline for the big V8!
Yeah that whole gas situation seems kinda flaky now. I'm pretty worried myself. I don't see it going away completely because of the amount of gas burners around, but just getting harder and expensive to get

Beastalo

Reaction score
Just my opinion on keeping it. FORD did what most companies do these days, mess up something good. V8 is what makes gen1s an instant classic. I used to take my 2013 to a dealer for all service, and the amount of gen2s sitting around is crazy. Yeah the HP numbers are better....but why change a model that other trucks are chasing? Keep it. Supercharge it. Get it dirty.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
18,000 miles on a ten year old truck. "I never went off road and has been a street queen."

What an absolute embarrassment.
Well, yeah. Some buy for looks. Others because she's a goer, eh? Know whatahmean, know whatahmean, nudge nudge, know whatahmean, say no more?

Mine's a goer. ;)

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I plan on keeping mine forever.

Bought mine for the V8 since they are on the way out; be something to have in 20 years when gas is for “historical designation” vehicles, probably the only way we can get it then - Let’s petition Ford to lobby for making SVT vehicles “historically significant”!

Bought used with 93k, at 112k and counting. Not off-road much, but when it I do I always break something. Never garaged and has rusting cab corners. Bought it to learn to wrench and teach my kids the same. I enjoy every (s)mile and they do to.

Best is when they say “make it go vroom dad!” The Raptor and this forum have made for some of the best times and learning experiences I’ve had in life so far.