Arkansas Raptor Diamond Dash featuring Night Raptor Tactical and RSIworks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dogknat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope he gets that taken care of. Best be getting him out of the land of the banjo.

@YukonJoe No I wasn't running GPS I just have the routes loaded in gmaps for now since I don't own a unit. Looking forward to someone posting the routes we took when they have time. Working on mapping some trails in Ozark national forest to go play on or if the Arkansas guys want them, Supposed to have a meetup early next month if everything holds. That's what I mean by I'm starting to understand just how much time making a route takes, especially with the amount of ground a raptor can cover in a day. Looking into if my tablet has a GPS chip or if I just need to look into getting an ipad/3g or something. Basically just avoiding the jump into a dedicated GPS unit that most of the time I doubt I would use to its full potential. Especially now that I have a full mod wish list again....... Feeling that is the major downside of running with people that have so much stuff I want on my truck :drool2:

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ran tracks both days.

I can send them to you.

If your looking into an iPad make sure its a cellular version. Otherwise it does not have the gps chip required. I used an iPad all weekend with no issues.

The mini works great. The full sized is a bit big and there is no place to put it without it being in the way while driving or obscuring vision. The mini fits great right above the radio

OP
OP
Yukon Joe

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yup!

We went with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, 10". It has a stand alone gps. We only use it with WiFi. Not data plan. We use the backcountry navigator app to keep us on track. It also has a nice trail making feature as well.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

Last edited:

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can buy an external GPS for tablets without also. We have one for our Android tablet. The I Pads work well too. Used cellular versions both full size and mini with no problems.

Roger posted that Ford was repairing his truc(and covering) it but he and the family were driving home without it.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
I'm finally home and it sure is nice to be home.
Truck stayed at the dealership and it's getting repaired, they'll call me when it's done
and then I'll have that crazy drive back again to pick it up.
Not looking forward to that exact drive 2 days in a row!
Had a great time on Saturday with you guys wish I could have made it out Sunday, maybe next time.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm finally home and it sure is nice to be home.
Truck stayed at the dealership and it's getting repaired, they'll call me when it's done
and then I'll have that crazy drive back again to pick it up.
Not looking forward to that exact drive 2 days in a row!
Had a great time on Saturday with you guys wish I could have made it out Sunday, maybe next time.

Might find a flight cheaper one way.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Might find a flight cheaper one way.

When I did a quote on line for 1 person they were wanting to charge me over $500 one way.
It was outrageous!
I'll have to check it out again to see cause the car rental online was $550 one way and when we went there in person they only charged us $250 one way.