Are you going to upgrade to a Gen 2?

Will you be upgrading to a Gen 2?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricky B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plan on keeping my 14 for a long time with the 6.2. I refuse to drive it on Michigan salt covered roads in the winter, just to keep it in good shape.

lka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've came to terms that I'll keep the svt for a while, until I need a new truck, I was hesitant on permanently attaching things to the interior in case I "had to" trade it in, now time to get serious about getting some work vinyl on her. I'll have the coolest work truck in town lol..

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Undecided. Definitely not a 2017, but maybe a 2018, and if Ford MRSP is in the $65 to $70K range than they can keep it where the sun don't shine.

Supercup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By Gen2 I will have 100k miles on my 2014 SCREW - so I will give the 2014 to my son and get a Gen 2 after it is out for a year or so!

Always fun to have something new!

rkwjunior

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely won't do to money reasons, but the other reason is the engine. I can't wrap my head around a Raptor, or any pickup for that matter, with a v6 turbo, they belong in cars.

I know Ford is trying to meet EPA regs, but maybe try getting better mpg's from a few other cars in their line up to meet the epa's averages and leave the special edition cars alone (raptor, GT).

The new Mustang gt350r gets a good ol' V8, why not he Raptor??

LAME!!!

Update: A friend of mine just picked up a new F-150 Eco-Gay, he talks about it like Ford pulled the engine from the Millennium Falcon.
V6 twin turbos have been around since the early 90's in Supras, rx7's, 300z's, they stopped making them cause they said it cost to much to make, now apparently it's cost effective, i'm confused??

Last edited:

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As long as the Raptor has a V6, I'll keep my 2011 6.2L heavy metal Raptor. I don't care what they do to the V6 - turbo, twin turbo, supercharger, punch out the displacement - it doesn't matter. A V6 is a family car engine. V6's belong in a soccer mom's minivan. I completely agree with @rkwjunior.