Are you going to upgrade to a Gen 2?

Will you be upgrading to a Gen 2?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I voted no but it was purely an economic decision. Those of you that are hating on the little TT V6 have probably not driven one that had the right gears. I had a 11 eB Lariat with 3.73 gears that I put a set of Raptor wheels and tires on that would roast those big ole tires from a dead start but fell short on the top end. Ford has added 100 more horsepower for the Raptor so I figure that has been addressed. As far as sound goes just listen to the new ford GT if you have any doubts. If I win the loto I will upgrade and keep the 6.2 RaptorSVT.

FullAuto

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hope ford is listening. I know a TTv6 will be a deal breaker for a lot of current owners. Especially if they up the base price to over 55-60k. I’m not laying down 60k + for a V6 full size truck. Honestly, I would prefer a NA engine (and yes I have owned Turbo cars/trucks before). If they want to do a FI engine it should be a V8.

jcl48

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will definitely upgrade to Gen 2, but will wait at least a Year so FORD can work the bugs out. Hopefully what they learn from the Gen1 bugs, they can work them up to Gen2, And Really hoping that V6 Twin Turbo pushes around 500 HP. I don't know why they are discontinuing the V8. I was really curious to see a V8 5.0 or 5.5 Twin Turbo, Similar to what Mercedes AMG produces at 500+ HP with a restrictive Factory Tune.

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The EcoBoost is impressive on paper but that's what forced induction will give you. I think you'll be dissapointed if you're expecting a tune and exhaust will give you what the GT puts out. It probably has bigger turbos on it or something, cause if a tune will give you an extra 150 horses then either the GT owners are getting ripped off or the Raptor owners are getting the best deal ever.

This is very true. I would assume, and I very well could be (and probably am) wrong, the internals are probably the same. It might be as simple as a turbo swap to larger turbo's to gain the ability to get quite a bit more power. Either way, you'll be able to turn the boost up a bit to get more power and torque than the 6.2L was ever capable of with just a tune.

To me the EcoBoost sacrifices its soul trying to squeeze out a few more HP than the 6.2L. I know you know what I'm talking about when I say it still brings a smile to my face when I hear that 6.2 roar to life, even more so now with the Corsa Xtreme on it. I intentionally turn down my music whenever I have to accelerate away from a light. You'll never get that feeling with the EcoBoost, you lose a lot of the emotional component of driving.

I completely agree. And one of the reason I won't be upgrading immediately. I enjoy the sound of the 6.2L with Long Tubes and full exhaust.

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
If they go back to their old ways, they will put the new engine into the truck first, then bring it over to the car. Like they used to do with the lightning and cobra. Every engine is different but 100hp out of a tune would not be unheard of. Take a look at what tuners are getting out of the new Golf R... over 400hp and that's a 2.0L 4! The real game changer from the 6.2 is the direct injection. With fuel pressures so high, boost is a natural fit. I do agree that the eco thing needs to go because boost and heavy tires tend to not do great things for economy.

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
I can say this:

V-8's have more rotational mass.

Pros -
-Fuel economy ( like I give a shit with 10 mpg in my 2011 raptor)
-Upgraded internals
-bigger turbos
-Anti-lag system to pretty much eliminate turbo lag through the corners (I am guessing it will be a bypass system rather than a timing-retard system like you would find in rally cars/drag cars/etc.
-10 speed paddle shifted tranny
-aluminum body (500 pound diet)
-3.0's from factory
-Modern and updated looks ( I always complained about how the tailgate didnt match the grill and they fixed that)
-Upgraded interior with lots of functionality

Cons -
-No more 6.2.... I love this engine and at 87000 miles with no issues and thousands of hell raising off-road miles, its proven to be reliable.

DeepSeaOne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The latest and greatest generally only remains so for around 5 minutes so no... that would be dumb (at least for me). My 14 gives me a GIANT 4-hr ***** so its doing its job.