Approaching 24 month wait on a GEN3 Order...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
t4arghhh

t4arghhh

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• AA (22 of 22).jpg
    AA (22 of 22).jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 34
  • DIEP (6 of 10).jpg
    DIEP (6 of 10).jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 34
  • DIEP (9 of 10).jpg
    DIEP (9 of 10).jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 33
  • Mammoth (28 of 37).jpg
    Mammoth (28 of 37).jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 33

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are you kidding me?

And you want to just ditch this Gen 2? How much do you want? My stepson needs a truck.

I know its well maintained because you're in Cali and all you do is drive through starbucks.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Thanks - yeah i didnt mind the wait because i honestly wasnt needing the car anytime soon but that time has come to an end and i want it now hahah so im leaving the order as-is so when it comes, it comes. I have choices at that time to either sell or keep it, but im not relying on that wait any longer. Looking to buy a raptor 37pp at MSRP TODAY.
They never had an allocation to begin with. If your name isn’t tied to an order with an allocation already, you’re relegated to on the lot, stealership ordered trucks unless you restart the process for a ’24.
No chit! To me a pointless thread. I think OP knew with a degree of certainty his 21 MY order was never going to come to fruition at this point. Like @HighwaySentinel stated, knowing your place in line + plus their allocations per yr...

View attachment 418249
View attachment 418250

Order a '24 from this dealer & keep us posted...

Not sure where you are in CA, but Chino Hills Ford was awesome to work with. Not sure if they have anything in stock, but my ordering process for a 23 was super smooth.

I know Santa Margarita Ford has several Raptors on the lot now but they wanted a big markup when I was ordering.

+1 ! You need to keep your purchase in CA. We’re starting to see stealerships tack on ADM for out of state purchases because some of the CA stealerships are sending agents to buy from smaller stealerships, and reselling in CA with a markup to cover costs and provide a tidy profit. Sure, you might have to pay a slight ADM, no more than +$15,000 but you’re living in California and can afford it. When you poach from Arkansas, WV, Ohio, those people get gipped.

MikeyP87

Reaction score
I know its well maintained because you're in Cali and all you do is drive through starbucks.
Yes. I ordered the 37PP because I was concerned I might be able to feel the curbs at the Starbucks drive-thru a little too much with the 35s.

They never had an allocation to begin with. If your name isn’t tied to an order with an allocation already, you’re relegated to on the lot, stealership ordered trucks unless you restart the process for a ’24.
This technically happened to me; dealer took my order as a later 22 and said it would be built, but they got excited when they saw "Raptor" and ignored "37". They called pretty soon after I placed my order and said they were out of 37 allocations and I'd get the first custom-order 23 they had. They were totally on top of the truck progress and kept me updated before Ford would send emails. Unfortunately most dealers, like OP's, aren't like this.

Question

Reaction score
Do you know what number you called for that? I had an order in and when I call ford number on website they say it’s just unscheduled clean. Been over a year. I called maybe one Two weeks ago and they said it’s unscheduled compatibility. When I called dealer they said they had to add back in heated steering wheel and auto start stop which From my understanding all 2023 were coming without. Does anyone know what this could mean?

I was gonna buy one at a dealership that had one. I had financing done through them and they had when it’ll ship, but then they decided to sell to someone who offered more than msrp a day or two later. I guess since it was not signed on paper. :(

Question

Reaction score
It’s not an allocation issue I think cause they keep getting 37s in with similar packages as mine, but different colors. Confused

elking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s not an allocation issue I think cause they keep getting 37s in with similar packages as mine, but different colors. Confused
It is probably an allocation issue in the sense that all their allocations are assigned to other customers and there is no allocations remaining for your order. If it’s been 12 months since your order then most likely it will not be built. This exact scenario happened to me after 10 months of waiting I switched dealers that had allocations and 4 months later my truck arrived

OP
OP
t4arghhh

t4arghhh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you kidding me?

And you want to just ditch this Gen 2? How much do you want? My stepson needs a truck.

LOL