Anything special on G2 to know about to do brake fluid flush?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm going to do the first brake flush on my '20 and was wondering if it's just a normal system, or if there is anything unusual I need to know with this setup, or with the electric parking brake? I've never seen anything posted about anything out of the ordinary with the hydraulics. I already know I need the special Raptor Trophy Truck long travel brake fluid, but other than that? TIA.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I’m subbed for the Lol’s here and because you SCOLDED us for taking so long last time.

If you’ve bled brakes on an ABS bike, you got this.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
make sure to open all the valves and drive until its empty. want to make sure all the fluid spills out on the roadway. its the only way to completely empty it.

i remember when i did my radiator swap. i couldnt get all the fluid out. but when that hose came off, it only took a couple miles to empty every bit of fluid in the engine.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
make sure to open all the valves and drive until its empty. want to make sure all the fluid spills out on the roadway. its the only way to completely empty it.

i remember when i did my radiator swap. i couldnt get all the fluid out. but when that hose came off, it only took a couple miles to empty every bit of fluid in the engine.
Last year a hard brake line popped on my beater Silverado. I left a pretty good snail trail pumping the crap out of the brakes and waiting for the e brake to stop me. You could see a big spot every time I had pumped the brakes. :oops:

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you have a Motive bleeder and the hoses are more than 5 years old -change the hoses first.

I had a hose spilt when doing a flush. Lucky it was the beater VW.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don’t forget after model year 2018 you MUST put it in brake service mode for the electronic rear brakes and most will advise you not to compress calipers front or rear without the bleeders open. Apparently people have damaged their ABS system by not doing so… or so I “hear”.