Anything special on G2 to know about to do brake fluid flush?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don’t forget after model year 2018 you MUST put it in brake service mode for the electronic rear brakes and most will advise you not to compress calipers front or rear without the bleeders open. Apparently people have damaged their ABS system by not doing so… or so I “hear”.
How do you put it in brake service mode, Forskin? Do you need to do that if you're using a vacuum system to just pull the new fluid?

Last edited:

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you put it in brake service mode, Forskin? Do you need to do that if you're using a vacuum system to just pull the new fluid?
I don't think you will need to put it in service mode to flush the brakes, but definitely if you're changing pads

Attachments

• 206-05B Parking Brake and Actuation Service Mode.pdf
    64.2 KB · Views: 28

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't recall the order in which you pat your head stroke your **** and rub your belly. It's an easy interweb search though. Shows on the dash when you get it right. OR you can use ******** I think. I preferred the former (giggity!).

As for just fluid, again, not much help here. I'm not as savvy on the Ford, but many systems these days have valves to prevent complete fluid loss front to rear in an emergency. Sooooo maybe you should anyway so as not to cause issue?

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Service mode is only required for pad replacement.

If you are flushing the system, do a standard bleed procedure with waiting until clear/new fluid coming out bleeder before moving on to next.

Start with bleeder farthest from master cylinder.
RR, LR RF LF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter