Any concern about parking moonroof outside in 100-105+ heat & sun? And anything to put on it (films, etc.)?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NinjaRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is no issue with the pano roof exploding. I do not bother adding an additional ceramic tint to the pano roof but all my windows are tinted and I also use a sunshade for the windshield. Stays pretty cool. You can always remote start your Raptor with the key or app before driving as well.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine has Llumar IRX 50% on the moonroof and windshield. It’s a ceramic/infrared film and a complete game changer. Makes surviving SoCal and AZ heat much easier and no issues at all.

KPT

Reaction score
Living in the Mesa AZ area I also park my 2019 in the sun all day and opted for the clear ceramic tint. Due to the heat build up during the day I crack the back windows when the monsoon rains are NOT forecasted. No regrets:cool:

younganddumb

Reaction score
I leave my 18 Raptor outside in this Texas heat all day and it's fine performance wise, it's still hot as shit inside I'm definetly looking at getting the ceramic tint, they definetly work just I'm not made of money

XSTNKT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Coming from the Jeep WK2 community, we dealt with lots of exploding glass roofs. Some identified aftermarket tint as a culprit. But, the issue wasn't exclusive to tinted roof panels. I believe it was the quality/manufacturing of the glass.

Fords have been doing the big glass roof on several models and for a long while now. I hardly ever hear of an issue with these. (That makes me more sure it was a FCA glass quality issue on the Jeeps). I wouldn't worry about it on these trucks.

Last edited:

GDITheMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Know of any Raptor owner that did this?
No, but it's not that uncommon on older 911s with their moon roofs.

When I bought my V10 BMW M6, it took a bit to find one with the carbon roof. But it just makes sense to skip the sunroof.

Adds too much heat, weight, etc. Just useless.