Anyone upgrade their radiator yet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

catinthehat85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve been thinking about adding LP9’s up front and would probably pair it with a larger radiator if I did. Anyone install an aftermarket radiator yet? It doesn’t seem like full race offers one for our gen 3 yet but mishimoto looks like they do. Curious how much of a pain they are to install.

Digipax

Reaction score
Yes, Ron Davis Radiators in Az.
I put both an engine oil and trans cooler in the side tanks. I have them do this for my Pre-runner and the TT also.
I first build a full size mock-up out of 1/4" mdf to make sure all my fittings and hoses and ground lugs line up then send that to them to copy. Never had a problem. Pain is in the Mock-up build.

Hope this helps.

OP
OP
C

catinthehat85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, Ron Davis Radiators in Az.
I put both an engine oil and trans cooler in the side tanks. I have them do this for my Pre-runner and the TT also.
I first build a full size mock-up out of 1/4" mdf to make sure all my fittings and hoses and ground lugs line up then send that to them to copy. Never had a problem. Pain is in the Mock-up build.

Hope this helps.
Thanks Ron, haha sorry this is a bit over my head, but are you saying you relocated the radiator to the fender? I am intrigued.

Digipax

Reaction score
No I do not relocate the radiator to the fender, it's in the stock location.
The company I use to build my radiators is Ron Davis Radiators located in Az.
They build the radiator for me to my specifications with an engine oil and trans cooler in the side tanks of the radiator. I don't use off the shelf radiators.

OP
OP
C

catinthehat85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No I do not relocate the radiator to the fender, it's in the stock location.
The company I use to build my radiators is Ron Davis Radiators located in Az.
They build the radiator for me to my specifications with an engine oil and trans cooler in the side tanks of the radiator. I don't use off the shelf radiators.

Ah okay I get your post now, interesting! Thanks for sharing.