Anyone tried hauling 12' lumber?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know it's not the macho answer, but I would look into having it delivered if it's option from the yard you're getting it from. It seems like a lot of places are offering it for cheap these days.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ve put a soft blanket over the top of the cab where the wood will make contact & laid it across w/ other end wedged against tailgate & strapped/secured horizontally across bed. Works fine- just don’t wanna get too nuts ratcheting down to where it could dent the metal on the cab or whatever.

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's wrong with the suggestion above sliding in through the rear window? Just put down a few HF moving blankets doubled up to protect the interior and where it rests passing through. Have done that many times on many different trucks. Best is a Tundra where the entire rear window comes down.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's wrong with the suggestion above sliding in through the rear window? Just put down a few HF moving blankets doubled up to protect the interior and where it rests passing through. Have done that many times on many different trucks. Best is a Tundra where the entire rear window comes down.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
gotta admit, i. guilty of doing this. i used a couple tie down straps in the bed. the one in the front of the bed and the rear of the bed. used twine to keep the boards together in the front. didnt have an issue on my drive back from home depot with 16ft 2x4s

TCR 223

Reaction score
tailgate down, bed extender out, noodle (pool foam thing) on the roof, space it out evenly and two ratchet straps with a red flag. do it all the time on my gen 1. not a problem and roof is still in tact without dents. last haul was 1000' SQFT of vinyl siding to a job site. it works. NEVER put through the back window unless you want a cracked windshield... done that once and only once on an old ford ranger