Anyone changed the factory sub? Or relocated the sub??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sniperm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I kinda thought about changing the factory sub and relocated some where else if it was possible... I could really use that space... Has anyone done this? Would it be possble?

ShiftyCapone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only other spot would probably be a center console enclosure. The factory sub is garbage IMO. Most people that are upgrading subs are going with larger under-the-rear-seat enclosures...

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sorry didnt see this. i might be working on a center console subwoofer setup. you will however lose your space in there, but considering there is no space since its a truck, there are very limited options

fish_scales

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jl audio makes a micro sub box that includes a 8" w3 and is only a little longer than the factory sub box that i'm looking into right now because i don't want to lose my under the seat storage. seems to have good reviews. but of course you will have to put a small amp as well to power it.
CP108LG-W3v3 - Car Audio - Subwoofer Systems - FlatWedge

alpine, powerbass, jl, and phoenix gold have all starting making these same micro sub boxes that are pretty much the same size, etc. so i'm guessing they are very popular.

read the reviews on jl's website, everyone seems to be more than impressed.

Last edited:

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
yep, those little guys are great. but the problem is, where do you put it if you dont want to ake up space unser the rear seat? the oem sub is terrible, but it fits.....

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thunderform Series F150EX | Ford - F-150 SuperCab 2009-2011 | MTX Audio

ITF20110607124631PM5138.png

It goes in the same spot as the factory sub. You can get it already amplified and comes with everything you need to hook it up. Really good sound and anyone who has them loves them. I think off sonic electronics you can get the one with the amp in it for 357 or something like that in make me an offer. There is a thread already talking about it.

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i think we are going the wrong way. the op wanted the space under the seat. so a replacement in the original location might not be what he is looking for.

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
oh my bad. i was just thinking he was wanting to keep what he has and not lose where the jack is... yeah console is the easiest was.

fish_scales

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep, those little guys are great. but the problem is, where do you put it if you dont want to ake up space unser the rear seat? the oem sub is terrible, but it fits.....

the micro sub box is only going to take up a few more inches of space under the seat. i stopped by the audio place and put it under the seat on the driver side just to get an idea and it doesnt take up much more than the factory sub.

more than likely this is what i'll be doing in the next few weeks, so i'll post pics.