GEN 2 Any use this...Wireless Carplay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, that is my biggest gripe with CarPlay...tons of aftermarket units have wireless.

I'll be watching this for sure.

Rboosted717

Reaction score
I have the device and wasn't able to get it to work on a friends '17 Raptor w/ Sync 3 v2.0, or on a friends '19 Raptor w/ Sync 3 v.3.3, or even on a friends '16 Focus RS w/Sync 3 v3.4. In all three cases the device cycles through the "connecting" screen, then disconnects, then reconnects, then starts showing a distorted "connecting" screen. I was however able to get it to work perfectly on my '19 GT3 RS. I haven't tried it on my '20 Raptor as I'm still waiting to take delivery. The good news is that a few weeks ago the Carplay2Air manufacturer sent an email saying they're releasing a firmware update to address various issues and it should be released between Nov 25-29th. Hopefully in the next few days they'll have a fix for the Ford Sync 3 system. Until then I'd avoid buying this unit.

OP
OP
Solidred

Solidred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the device and wasn't able to get it to work on a friends '17 Raptor w/ Sync 3 v2.0, or on a friends '19 Raptor w/ Sync 3 v.3.3, or even on a friends '16 Focus RS w/Sync 3 v3.4. In all three cases the device cycles through the "connecting" screen, then disconnects, then reconnects, then starts showing a distorted "connecting" screen. I was however able to get it to work perfectly on my '19 GT3 RS. I haven't tried it on my '20 Raptor as I'm still waiting to take delivery. The good news is that a few weeks ago the Carplay2Air manufacturer sent an email saying they're releasing a firmware update to address various issues and it should be released between Nov 25-29th. Hopefully in the next few days they'll have a fix for the Ford Sync 3 system. Until then I'd avoid buying this unit.

did you have Siri issues when it worked on the gt3?

SCMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered one last Sunday and got a shipping notice on Tuesday. Looks like it it coming from China. I’m a little worried since when I click on the tracking number it still says the shipment doesn’t exist. Guess we will see.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My carplay drops randomly with it plugged in. I just use the nav. The only car newer than 2005 I’ve had is my wife’s ‘12 acura. I’m not impressed with carplay and connected crap in general anyway. I’m usually more impressed when things work than it being an actual requirement