Any setup that can safely tow my 5500lb tractor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WooPig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW I spoke with Scott at Deaver today, and he said their springs are not designed to hold up heavy tongue weights. I’m looking at 600-700 lbs for my trailer.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Up until now my advice/opinion has been just "theoretical" but that has now changed...
I just placed an order for a somewhat custom 8.5 x 20 x 7.5 cargo trailer to be built. It's rated for a GVW of 7,000 lbs...right at my comfort limit..Empty I think I'll be fine, but anything heavier then a RZR and I think I will need a WDH, which will be an Anderson.
I am also purchasing a new 2019 RZR Turbo 4 S which the trailer is for..

A trailer question...I looked at a lot of same sized trailers and they all had brakes on one of the axles (as they should...)...it wasn't very expensive to add brakes to both axles so that was one of my custom requests....Any body think this was overkill?....
Thanks..

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 64.9 year old experience, do it now or always worry. Small cost now. I have never, ever in my life been sorry for buying the 'best'.

good luck

CalvikJnso

Reaction score
The same situation I have...
I need to do the same thing, but I am very much afraid, since the weight is quite large. Should I try it?
I recently bought myself a good tractor that my older brother advised me to buy from https://www.heming-engineering.co.uk/tractors-and-machinery/siromer-small-tractors and I want to get it out with my new tractor, but I don't want to ruin it, since I bought it just recently and I don't want to break it so fast!
My brother told me that I could try it , and although it would be quite risky, I could do it without problems and breakdowns.
Now I'm waiting for him to help me with this case. But I want a review from you guys to be more confident!

Last edited:

Nemikon

Reaction score
It is a very difficult task to tow a tractor, which is why when I was going to buy a tractor, I knew about this problem and bought a compact tractor on https://www.heming-engineering.co.uk/tractors-and-machinery/siromer-small-tractors , which weighs several times less than the usual one. However, I guess how you can solve your problem, some kind of hauler or a truck with big wheels and good traction will help you in this. Since your tractor weighs too much, I would first try to lighten it somehow and then slip it to where I need it. Try some of the ways that I told you and I hope you will succeed. Good luck friend!

Last edited:

slow_raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont know how you guys are able to tow a tractor or cars without overheating. My 2017 temp goes to 230+ while towing my corvette and metal trailer. I am running 37" tires but just trying to go over 60mph the truck temp will instantly start moving up.

DAVfoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont know how you guys are able to tow a tractor or cars without overheating. My 2017 temp goes to 230+ while towing my corvette and metal trailer. I am running 37" tires but just trying to go over 60mph the truck temp will instantly start moving up.

Running 37s with new gearing or without gearing or tune? I would say that's probably why. If you were to re-gear, it would help tremendously! I plan to get a tune when I get 37s and will look into gearing at a later date. Gearing helps sometimes more than just a tune.

slow_raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Running 37s with new gearing or without gearing or tune? I would say that's probably why. If you were to re-gear, it would help tremendously! I plan to get a tune when I get 37s and will look into gearing at a later date. Gearing helps sometimes more than just a tune.
No gear changed but yes on the tune. Currently the truck was tune by brewcityboost