Tow capacity of a 2020

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptornador

Reaction score
look up sae towing test, it is a lot more involved than most think. Europe aint USA so don't really care about their rules.
like I said, likely the same jeep but just went through a few more hoops.

Edit: It appears the only change I could find is a full floating axle -dana 44 which is a cool mod.. So likely no hoops, possibly a self imposed towing limitation?? Will the EU models be bumped up to 7500lb. lol

Last edited:

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If I'm towing I'm hitting the moose or any other critter that gets in my way. lol
Absolutely!!! The "moose test" is an evasive maneuver test.

But YES a good percentage of the time, hitting and object is 100's of times better.

About 30 years ago around here, there was an 18 year old girl who on a major interstate in a construction zone, swerved to miss a "orange barrel ". She went through the median and impacted a semi in the opposite direction at a combined speed of About 140mph. She was killed instantly. Stories say the impact was heard for a couple miles.

Yea, hit 99% of objects.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
About 30 years ago around here, there was an 18 year old girl who on a major interstate in a construction zone, swerved to miss a "orange barrel ". She went through the median and impacted a semi in the opposite direction at a combined speed of About 140mph. She was killed instantly. Stories say the impact was heard for a couple miles.

Seen this first hand way to many times.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Rolled past something like that at 4:30 one morning, going skiing. Woman fell asleep, crossed the median, and hit a semi head on. There wasn't a piece of that car left that was bigger than a trash can ...

Hal993

Reaction score
^^ umm heavy... but yes... you can't always miss what "jumps" out in front of you... worse things may await an unsettled rock hurtling through space-time.

In other news: I towed my boat with the Gen 2 for the first time today. 4100lbs total weight, 400 on tongue, 3700 on the single trailer axle. I didn't have a lot of squat with that config.

My 2020 is not a settled towing this trailer as an HD or even a standard 1/2 ton, but it tows just fine. I just drive conservative... like one should with a trailer, and I don't try to break speed/time records.

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
I tow my 24 foot TT (6300lbs GW) with a WDH and I'm not sweating it. Might be over gross when the wife, 7 year old and a few things in the bed, but not by much. It does fine, but we also have my wife's Ram 2500 Diesel and use that. The Raptor is just better for long road trips period, with or without trailer. Doesn't pull like the Ram of course but.....