Electric Brake Controller Installation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aandrews109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going to be towing an RV Trailer (6k lbs / Electric Brakes) with my '19 Raptor and don't currently have a Brake Controller.

Have done some research and there is some information out there indicating that you can install an OEM Controller and have it activated by a Ford Tech or via Forscan to get this feature operational.

Has anyone out there in Raptor done this and been successful, or installed an aftermarket Brake Controller they would recommend?

Thanks!

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have done a bunch of them not specifically a raptor but superduty, F150. Did a 2023 F150 last week.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The OEM is amazing, because it integrates with all the vehicle electronics it will display gain on the dash and talks to ABS system and Air bag system (air bag system has accelerometers) and can detect how fast you are trying to slow down and slow the trailer down appropriately.

Get the OEM one and have it activated. Don't look back.

35TT

Reaction score
Had one installed on my 20 f150 lariat. Perfect integration with dealer install/programming. Raptor will be the same.

OP
OP
aandrews109

aandrews109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses.
Found a good deal on an OEM Unit through a friend at a Lincoln/Mercury Dealer. Gonna get a price on install from them when it comes in.

35TT

Reaction score
As a side note, I was incredibly Impressed with the towing stability/capability of my 19 raptor. We have a 25' travel trailer, (5800lbs ish) and pulls So much better than my 20 Lariat with the 5.0. I run a Husky WD hitch set up, feel it works well.

OP
OP
aandrews109

aandrews109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the additional information. My trailer is 26 ft. and about 6500 GVW. Dual axe so I’m hoping for similar results. Pulled the trailer home without a controller and it pulled very well. Controller is due in this week.
I’m running a Curt load leveling hitch.