Any Difference in a 2014 Trailer hitch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nsdq3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just throwing it out there, did you loosen the factory hitch frame to get the most amount of play out of it.

OP
OP
FullAuto

FullAuto

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just throwing it out there, did you loosen the factory hitch frame to get the most amount of play out of it.

I actually removed it from the truck. I watched a video on YouTube that showed removing the hitch frame and bumper off the truck and then switching the hitch frame to the new bumper to install. My bumper had an area welded that is usually left open. So I had to trim a small section on both sides near the lower bolt. I also had to trim the small sheet metal piece along top that wasn't mentioned in the instructions. I need to finish trimming that sheet metal piece and retry the install. There was another area that was concerning me but they assured me that it is the way it was designed. Bumper looks awesome so I can't wait to get it on.

OP
OP
FullAuto

FullAuto

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I installed it yesterday. I trimmed the rest of the sheet metal off the the hitch frame and got it bolted down. I centered it on the hitch frame before I installed it and it bolted up nice and straight. It really tucks the back in and doesn't extend as far as a stock bumper. Now i have to change up the exhaust pipe.
10913-installed.jpg

Last edited: