Any Difference in a 2014 Trailer hitch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FullAuto

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey Guys, I'm installing a new aftermarket rear bumper today and it seems like a section on my trailer hitch is to big near the bottom mount screw where it attaches to the bumper. Was there a change in 14? It seems like I need a section trimmed. Has anyone else run into this?

Last edited:

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What aftermarket bumper is it?

Really, there shouldn't be a difference. Take a pic of what is causing the interference and I'll check our trucks. A 12 and 14.

Yukon Joe

nsdq3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this will translate into anything you are dealing with, but I was recently rear ended. The tow hitch came out ok with the exception of the sheet metal piece on the top that helps support the plastic factory bumper piece by the license plate. I ended up cutting that piece off and grinding everything smooth. I replaced the rear with a ADD stealth bumper and noticed how tight it fit to the factory hitch framework. I don't think it would have fit if that sheet metal piece was still in place.

Might help, might not, just throwing it out there.

OP
OP
FullAuto

FullAuto

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What aftermarket bumper is it?

Really, there shouldn't be a difference. Take a pic of what is causing the interference and I'll check our trucks. A 12 and 14.

Yukon Joe

Not sure if this will translate into anything you are dealing with, but I was recently rear ended. The tow hitch came out ok with the exception of the sheet metal piece on the top that helps support the plastic factory bumper piece by the license plate. I ended up cutting that piece off and grinding everything smooth. I replaced the rear with a ADD stealth bumper and noticed how tight it fit to the factory hitch framework. I don't think it would have fit if that sheet metal piece was still in place.

Might help, might not, just throwing it out there.

Yea, I did some trimming including the thin metal piece you mentioned. I still could not make it fit. I reached the point I didnt want to remove any more metal. I contacted the vendor and they are working with me. Honestly, I thought I could make it fit......my brother the mechanic thought I was crazy and didn't want me to trim anything without hearing back on this post.

OP
OP
FullAuto

FullAuto

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Definitely need pics when you are done!

Yukon Joe

Ha don't worry it's not butchered up. I wouldn't trim any support brackets.
I'll post pics once it's resolved. Having the rear bumper off made me realize I eventually want to dovetail it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FullAuto

FullAuto

FRF Addict
Reaction score
See bro if you would have just given me the bumper you wouldn't have any of these problems. Lol. :ROFLJest::ROFLJest:

They were very helpful. Someone even sent me their cell phone number and talked to me from home. I think we have It figured out.

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They were very helpful. Someone even sent me their cell phone number and talked to me from home. I think we have It figured out.

Good I'm happy to hear it worked out for you. Only problem I see is there wasn't a picture with your comment. Lol. Now if I have any problems with mine I know who to call.