Anxiously awaiting my new Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AURAPTOR

Reaction score
Hey, I'm new here and just wanted to share my experience so far. I ordered my new Raptor back on May 31 and was told it should take around 8 weeks. Well, earlier this past week, I stopped by the dealership to check on things. They pulled up my order and that's when the salesman told me it was showing as "balance out" which meant my order had been cancelled because 2012 models were no longer being built. Needless to say, I wasn't very happy. After my little rant, the owner of the dealership sat down to talk to me and we decided to build a 2013 and see what we could do. For the 2012, I had chosen not to go with a navigation system, because I really didn't need it with my cell phone and garmin, and that was just $2,500 I didn't want to spend. Well, it wasn't an option for the 2013 models if I wanted the luxury package, so I'm already starting to think the price is going to be at least $2,500 more. After we built the 2013, the owner tells me he's going to give me the truck for their dealer invoice price instead of the marked up customer price. When it's all said and done, I'm paying $150 less and getting the navigation system basically for free. I can't complain about that deal. I just wish I didn't have to wait at least 2 more months. Anyway, it's good to be here, and I look forward to passing the time while I wait for my new toy to arrive.

onesickpuppy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good job!!! Sorry to hear the 12 deal fall through. The waiting blows though, hope you have lots of hobbies to keep your mind off the wait.... :)

J0shM1lls

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, I'm new here and just wanted to share my experience so far. I ordered my new Raptor back on May 31 and was told it should take around 8 weeks. Well, earlier this past week, I stopped by the dealership to check on things. They pulled up my order and that's when the salesman told me it was showing as "balance out" which meant my order had been cancelled because 2012 models were no longer being built. Needless to say, I wasn't very happy. After my little rant, the owner of the dealership sat down to talk to me and we decided to build a 2013 and see what we could do. For the 2012, I had chosen not to go with a navigation system, because I really didn't need it with my cell phone and garmin, and that was just $2,500 I didn't want to spend. Well, it wasn't an option for the 2013 models if I wanted the luxury package, so I'm already starting to think the price is going to be at least $2,500 more. After we built the 2013, the owner tells me he's going to give me the truck for their dealer invoice price instead of the marked up customer price. When it's all said and done, I'm paying $150 less and getting the navigation system basically for free. I can't complain about that deal. I just wish I didn't have to wait at least 2 more months. Anyway, it's good to be here, and I look forward to passing the time while I wait for my new toy to arrive.

Grats on the deal, but sorry about the wait... Either way, welcome to the waiting club...

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Sorry you have to wait longer but you know without a doubt that you have a good dealer, which is rare.

87MJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dont forget. Because the truck is a year newer, you are also saving one years worth of depreciation expense too.

OP
OP
A

AURAPTOR

Reaction score
Dont forget. Because the truck is a year newer, you are also saving one years worth of depreciation expense too.

Good point. I'm definitely happy about the better deal. Just hoping they can push it through production and get it to me asap. I feel like a kid at Christmas with one of those huge presents sitting under the tree and I'm dying to open it.