antenna first thing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FreightTerrain

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ive done some searching around here. alot of people goin with the craven stubby. im worried bout the reception. most of the time my radio is tuned to AM sports talk and a couple of the stations are 60 miles away. ive seen a couple longer alternatives, but would like to see more options. i just want it short enough to not hit on my 7 ft. garage. show me yur 'tennas. :smiley-face-popcorn

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I found an antenna at O'Reilly Auto parts that's half the length of the factory whip and has twice the windings around it. Radio reception is excellent, and the whip doesn't bang on the garage door opening when I back into the garage. It was one of the first things I did to my Raptor.

TTOKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went through 3-4 antennas on my last truck before getting one that fits in the garage without sacrificing reception. This is looks similar to the factory unit, I got it at pep boys for $14. It was the first mod on my raptor when i got it home.

2ceb6358.jpg

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ive done some searching around here. alot of people goin with the craven stubby. im worried bout the reception. most of the time my radio is tuned to AM sports talk and a couple of the stations are 60 miles away. ive seen a couple longer alternatives, but would like to see more options. i just want it short enough to not hit on my 7 ft. garage. show me yur 'tennas. :smiley-face-popcorn

The Craven stubby looks awesome and I love mine. Unfortunately, your reception will be impacted.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Craven stubby looks awesome and I love mine. Unfortunately, your reception will be impacted.

My sense is that the Craven stubby isn't an antenna at all. I think it's simply a piece of metal that screws into the antenna socket in lieu of a real antenna.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I like my Craven. I've never noticed a difference in reception where I live/drive. It's one of those things I totally forget about until someone asks me about it.

GvegasRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went through 3-4 antennas on my last truck before getting one that fits in the garage without sacrificing reception. This is looks similar to the factory unit, I got it at pep boys for $14. It was the first mod on my raptor when i got it home.

2ceb6358.jpg

Do you have a part number on that? I lost a lot of reception when I switched to the craven antenna. Not a big deal since I normally listen to sirus but I like your option