HUGE Thank You to TMX!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HOLLYWOOD 1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mods, I wasn't sure if this should go here, build thread, or TMX's section. Feel free to move it if needed.

So, I guess I can call this my build thread, but TMX did the building, I did the paying, LOL. I'm a firm believer in "Buy Once, Cry Once". I'll try to keep a long story short. For a couple of years, I wanted a Raptor, but didn't want to pay the price. I decided last year that I was getting a '20 this Summer. Around February, I started PMing Zombie Killer because I liked his truck and thread. I started picking his brain, and he suggested I take my truck when I got it to Texas Motorworx. He was 100% correct, thanks David!

I reached out to TMX in early April, and explained that although I didn't own a Raptor, it was coming. We talked about the parts I wanted, and what they could do for me price wise. They sent me an invoice, I was satisfied, and told them I'd be in touch.

Started searching for my Raptor, as there weren't any in Arizona with the color I wanted, and options I wanted. Well, the search led me to Heiser Ford in Milwaukee Wisconsin. Found the truck online, called and talked to their general manager. Here's where the story gets weird. The truck had basically every option available, including an engine block heater that won't be of any use in Tucson, LOL. I told him I was shopping around, and was wanting to pay invoice. He said no problem, sent me the invoice. Well, like I said, it got a little weird, but a good weird. I told the manager I wouldn't have the cash until end of June. Once again, he said no problem, and held the truck for me for 2 months, with no deposit! He said this is a "Gentlemen's Agreement" and he stuck to it. I never saw that before, I was so worried he would sell the truck out from under me, that's what dealerships usually do, move cars. Needless to say, I was impressed!

Bought the truck, paid the dealer to ship it to TMX, and then due to this damn pandemic, both me and TMX had to wait for parts to come in. The parts slowly trickled in, and my truck was finished about a week or so ago. Flew down on Thursday, met Jason and Sam, great guys! I was working with Sam for my build. Saw Zombie Killer's truck there, and what they were now doing to it. Drove the truck home over 20 hours with the biggest smile on my face!

Parts include ADV, Method, Toyo, Fox, Camburg, BD, Swarfworks, Deavers, ADD, SVC, Rugged Radio, El Snaggadore's carbon fiber pieces, GJ Motorsports. I still have a lot of stuff to put on it, Rappy Graffics, and in it, RPG chase rack, RPG bed brace, and RPG recovery board bar. My garage has been around 120 degrees all Summer (but it's a dry heat, LOL!), still around 100, but starting to cool a little. Once it gets cooler in there, rest of the stuff will go on. Then it's on to Baja next year, can't wait!!!

Hope you guys enjoy the pics. Let me know what you think, thanks. P.S. my gf bought me a Raptor stuffed animal, he's now my co-pilot.

20201012_094332.jpg

20201012_094353.jpg

20201012_094403.jpg

20201012_094406.jpg

20201012_094432.jpg

Last edited:

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks Great! TMX is one of the best shops around and Jason is a great guy. Enjoy!!

OP
OP
HOLLYWOOD 1

HOLLYWOOD 1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck looks great!

When you going to test out the new suspension?

As soon as I can. My problem is I just got the truck, and dune season is starting in 3 weeks, and I'm trying to get both my X3s ready for Halloween at Glamis.