GEN 1 Options for 2010-2012 OEM NAV -> Aftermarket units?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ayo_wtf

Reaction score
Hey guys im buying a 2012 Screw and it has the oem nav unit and id really like to upgrade to something that has all the modern features such as carplay and in general is quicker. dont really care about navigation but it wouldnt hurt. My main issue is that ive read that if you use Maestro you can go to an aftermarket unit but the problem presents itself that I cant find a single face plate for an aftermarket unit so im really worried about fitment. Does anyone have any suggestions on upgrading and what theyve done?

PS i tried searching through the forum and it seems alot of posts are very short and incunclusive or out of date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys im buying a 2012 Screw and it has the oem nav unit and id really like to upgrade to something that has all the modern features such as carplay and in general is quicker. dont really care about navigation but it wouldnt hurt. My main issue is that ive read that if you use Maestro you can go to an aftermarket unit but the problem presents itself that I cant find a single face plate for an aftermarket unit so im really worried about fitment. Does anyone have any suggestions on upgrading and what theyve done?

PS i tried searching through the forum and it seems alot of posts are very short and incunclusive or out of date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
there are no aftermarket dash kits anymore. it will have to be customized to fit. i have a friend in florida who is an installer. if you want to pursue this send me a message with your number and i can see if he can help you out