Answer to why my truck is sitting in production limbo.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erjdrvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here. I know my truck was built, but still at plant.

I also checked a VIN I was tracking from a nearby dealer. It has been delivered to its customer and removed from their website. It also has hundreds under BCE. Nothing under PCM. Not sure if this can tell us anything. Guess it still can indicate whether your truck has been built, but cannot tell the reason why the truck is stuck at the plant.
Just tried my truck sitting in the garage, both off & after I started it....nothing under PCM.

DoKnowHarm

Reaction score
I guess this shows nobody, including Ford, knows what’s going on. I have read and heard numerous times that they were done scheduling 2021 weeks ago. Surprising to me they are still scheduling new builds with so many stuck in production. I guess their theory is build them and let them sit until they get chips in.
Yes I think you’re right. They’ll put chips in once they get them but why hold back production time and lines otherwise.

Even the FP guys I talked to were doubtful my truck was going to scheduled up until the next week it suddenly was because there was no movement for weeks.

FL4x4

Reaction score
Just got an email from my dealer that my truck has a microchip hold. That may answer why some of you have been in production so long. What confuses me is that they are plenty of trucks shipping that were built after mine. At what point do they go out and put that chip in my truck. Must be easier to put them in on line than to walk out to a parking lot and put it in. The obvious answer doesn't seem to apply these days. When is Ford going to remove their head from their ***?

It's not like the trucks are waiting for just a single microchip to be installed. The average F-150 has more than 100 microchips in it. And if you ordered a tech heavy model, the number really climbs and will undoubtably delay production of your truck. Trucks ordered with less options and requiring less resources will be completed first.

Last edited:

RogueAdvisor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Judging by the As Built site, my truck is missing the ECM module. I'll just keep an eye on this site, when I see the various programming pop up for the ECM, I'll know that the chip is in and the truck should be shipped soon.

The PCM has a couple of hundred programs applied. The ECM is empty.

https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt
Same exact boat as you. We wait together...

OP
OP
N

natron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not like the trucks are waiting for just a single microchip to be installed. The average F-150 has more than 100 microchips in it. And if you ordered a tech heavy model, the number really climbs and will undoubtably delay production of your truck. Trucks ordered with less options and requiring less resources will be completed first.

To clarify, trucks with exact same options as mine and built after mine, are already delivered to the dealership. And to make matters worse they are stock.

BadWRP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer confirmed mine is On hold at the plant due to microchip shortage. It was "produced" on 9/30 and has been sitting there ever since :mad:
We are in the same boat. Truck was built on 9/29 and sitting waiting. Dealer confirmed the chip hold. I wonder when this will get resolved.